Prologue

Somewhat inspired by the Cepteteb ad 😊

------------------

The Setup

Can Divit and Sanem Aydin work in different spectrums of law enforcement. But the laws of attraction might not be covered in either of their handbooks.  A family crisis brings them together and their dueling personalities ensure that sparks will fly.

P.S. This story is inspired and supported by the #CanEm gifs we know and love so much. I wanted to write an AU fic where the narrative was visually enhanced by the gifs. Hope they help bring the story to life for you 😊

Sanem Aydin

Sanem Aydin works with the local Turkish Police putting her photographic memory to its best use, her mohalle days far behind her. After she graduated from college, Sanem didn't really have a plan, she just knew that she wanted to be able to write her book. Her parents took that as a sign that she needed to be married off at the earliest - and to the mohalle bandwagoner Muzzo, no less. Sanem was desperate for a way out and that's when she ran into her childhood friend Sinan who now worked for the local Police Department. Sinan thought the department would benefit greatly from her photographic memory skills and he offered to help her with the application process. She had to pass a few exams but that had never been a problem for Sanem before, especially when she was motivated.

She passed with flying colors and soon had an office job with the Turkish police. While she never went out in the field, she served as a CSI consultant, and her special skills helped them put the pieces together to solve many local crimes. It gave Sanem a deep sense of satisfaction, and allowed her to write her book in her spare time. But most importantly, it got her parents off her back. She even found herself a studio apartment in Istanbul. The bus rides to and from work gave her glimpses into everyday life in the city and served as fodder for her writing. She had friends at work, including Sinan, and her job gave her the satisfaction she never knew she craved. All in all, things were looking up for Sanem Aydin.

Can Divit

Can Divit thrived on adventure. After getting his law degree, he decided that a desk job was really not his cup of tea. He worked out, studied and prepared, and tried out for the National Intelligence Organization of Turkey (like a Turkish FBI). He was beyond thrilled when he was accepted. It meant a life of travel and adventure, working undercover in remote parts of the country. His second greatest passion - photography - often served as a perfect foil during those undercover missions. His line of work meant that he didn't have too many roots in Istanbul and that worked out just fine for him. His relationships were often borne out of convenience.

He had tried his hand at love, and look how badly that had backfired on him. Polen was from a different world - from the other side of town in the mohalle. She had a charm and coquettishness about her that he was not used to, and he found himself quite taken by her. But it turned out she was only after his money and the Divit family's social standing. Can decided to swear off serious relationships for the foreseeable future. Between work, photography and his adventure-seeking buddies, life was pretty good for Can Divit.

Emre Divit and Leyla Aydin

Leyla worked for Fikri Harika, and in true romance-book fashion, fell in love with her boss. Emre was involved with Aylin, and it took him a while to realize that she was manipulating him to get control of the company. The company's lawyers had to get involved and she was eventually fired. But Emre soon realized that true love was right under his nose. He married Leyla in a quiet ceremony and they moved into the Divit family home. Sanem, her parents, and most of the mohalle were in attendance but hardly anyone from Emre's side showed up. His dad did arrive in time for ceremony but then left soon after on his next cruise. His mom refused to accept the marriage, and even though Can never came right out and said it, he knew he didn't have his brother's approval either. Can was still smarting over Polen's duplicity and was not open minded about another girl from a different world. He used his work as an excuse to skip the entire ceremony, but paid for their honeymoon as a peace offering.

Little did they know that Aylin was not quite done with the Divits and Fikri Harika, and soon all their worlds would collide.

------------ to be continued --------

NOTE: Hey all, so trying my hand at an AU. I'm going to stick with the basic premise of who Can and Sanem are, where they are from, and what makes them tick. I'm hoping to incorporate all the tropes we've seen on the show into this alternate scenario, because you know, I love my tropes, lol.

I hope this is something folks will be interested in reading.

Let me know what you think??? Please and thanks 🥰❤️