Chapter 8. You're Safe With Me

Previously

She turned towards him, stepped closer, took his face in her hands , and whispered as she drew his face in, "Can, just follow my lead"

------------------

Sanem wasn't sure what she was doing. All she knew was that she wanted to make Polen feel like he had moved on, and that Can wanted Polen to think so too - whether it was true or not. So she reached up on her toes and pressed her lips to his. Her body tingled at the touch, the feeling running all the way down to her toes. She pulled away shyly.

But he surprised her by pulling her back in by the waist, weaving his fingers through  her hair, till his lips touched hers again, and deepening the kiss

But he surprised her by pulling her back in by the waist, weaving his fingers through  her hair, till his lips touched hers again, and deepening the kiss. Her mouth opened in surprise and his tongue slipped in ever so slightly, barely touching the inside of her lips. Her body weakened at the intimacy and she leaned into him, letting him take her weight.

 Her body weakened at the intimacy and she leaned into him, letting him take her weight

Polen cleared her throat and broke the spell of the moment. They turned to face her reluctantly. "Polen", Can said, "Nice to see you"

"Its lovely to see you too, Can", Polen replied leaning in to kiss him on both cheeks. He still had his arm around Sanem's waist, and she felt it stiffen.

She turned to Sanem. "And you are..."

"Sanem, I'm..", Sanem searched for the right words, not sure how much she was overstepping.

"She's my girlfriend", Can interjected, pulling her against him by the arm around her waist. She went willingly, leaning on him for support. "Sanem, this is Polen. She's actually from your neighborhood."

A knowing smile crept onto Polen's face. "Seems like you have a type, Can", she said snidely, "us mohalle girls."

"Actually", he replied without hesitation, "Sanem is unlike anyone I've ever met. She's very special", he turned and kissed her on the forehead, his eyes warm with appreciation.

Allah, Allah, he was good! He almost had her believing him. Sanem thought to herself. This is all pretend, girl. Don't you forget it.

"We really should head back". He held his hand out to Polen, preemptively  avoiding a hug or kiss. "It was good seeing you Polen. Take care"

He took Sanem by the hand and lead her out the door, and only let out a deep whoosh once they were out of sight.