Alone on Cloud 9 (1)

I'm finally back! And soo excited to be writing again though I feel like I have a reputation to maintain here... Anyway the story switches from past (Grade 10) to present (Grade 12) so be sure to pay attention to the time so you're not confused =)

PS. The picture on the side is Michael Conner

Cheers,

xo.

**************************************************

"My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine."

-Stardust (Movie)

Chapter 1                Grade 10

November 17

"Stop drooling Arya," Amanda said impatiently. I didn't have to look at her to know she was rolling her eyes.

"I'm not drooling," I said absentmindedly, my gaze never leaving the centre table.

"You might as well be, honestly could you be more obsessed?" She said with a hint of annoyance.

I reluctantly turned back to face her. "I prefer the term love thank you very much."

She smiled tightly and gave a slight shake of her head, flipping her chestnut brown hair over her shoulder.

"How can you call it love, you hardly even know the guy."

"And you do?" The words fell out before I even had a chance to register them, and I regretted it instantly even before the smirk on her face fully materialized.

"You know I do."

She turned her face away without giving me a chance to answer while I hid my annoyance at her patronizing tone and wondered once again at the history between them.

Sure they'd been friends once, years ago before I knew either of them, but that friendship was over even if I didn't know the details why. They hadn't talked in forever, didn't even make eye contact for a second. She may have known him once, but that didn't mean she knew him now.

And after all, when had she ever fallen in love?

Amanda Royce floated from one boy to the next on an almost weekly basis. For a short time she'd be head over heels in lust, have a messy break-up and find someone new the next day.

In all the time we'd been friends I'd never known her to go even a day without a trophy husband.

Of course, girls like her could afford it.

Boys seemed to love her, gravitated towards her for the very same reason I did; she was unbelievably confident, and confidence masks everything.

It's not like I was jealous, far from it in fact. I'd been asked out before, but I was holding out for romance.

And THAT, I was sure, Amanda knew nothing about.

I turned my attention back to the centre table, back to the boy who made my heart race ten times faster.

He ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair, laughing along with his friends.

I could just look at him forever, I thought dreamily.