Alone on Cloud 9 (15)

Sorry it’s so short after all this time, I just needed to post something in the hopes of getting my momentum going on this story. I know the long absence went unexplained and I want to thank everyone for being so patient and understanding about it. These last few months have been a hectic ride, with school and a few of my family members going into surgery. It’s good to be back though, so without further ado I’ll let you read this long, long, long awaited chapter.  =)

Comment and Vote?

Cheers,

xo.

**************************************************

“I wanna believe that you're this perfect guy and everything you seem to be is true. But when I look at you, really look at you, I can tell that I'm just barely scratching the surface. You're that book, with the pretty cover, the one that I just can't wait to get into. But you should never judge a book by it's cover, because now that I've read far enough into you that I just can't put you down, there will be a twist... and everything will change... and by the last page... I'll be heartbroken”

- Anonymous

Chapter 15                  Grade 10

May 13

It was one of those mornings. The rare day when you wake up an hour before your alarm is set to go off and realize you still get a sweet few minutes to sleep. I resisted the temptation knowing it would only be harder waking up a second time, and besides, I felt wide awake. I couldn't help but glance over at my cell phone sitting on the bedside table and willing it to start vibrating with an incoming call. This was the third morning it had remained quiet, the third time I hadn't woken up to the familiar name on the callers display telling me to be ready in ten minutes. Not that I was keeping track or anything; that would just be pathetic.

I yanked something off a hanger and rushed into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I told myself it was because I didn't want to use up all the hot water and not because I was afraid of missing the call that wasn't coming. As if I would sink to that level. And when I checked the screen afterwards I swear it was just to make sure I wasn't suddenly running late.

Yeah, right.

All right, so maybe I missed him, it wasn't a crime, and while denial was a great place to be it wasn't solving my problems, or my apparent insanity.

This is stupid, I should just pick up the damn phone and call him.

Of course, I'd been telling myself that for days.

I snapped my phone shut for the third time in ten minutes, willing myself not to cave in and call Michael. So maybe we'd gotten into one little fight, friends fight. So what if he'd been avoiding me for a few days, friends don't always hang out. It was no big deal, he just needed space, and I wasn't about to be the clingy not-even-girlfriend kind of girl. No way.

Besides, what’s meant to be will happen on it’s own. I was just experiencing a temporary setback; obviously the universe was just running behind.

It’s not like I had any reason to panic, boys were like that, he'd get over it and things would go back to normal, no problem.