Chapter 23: Aftermath and Return of an Old Enemy

Zack's POV, 1 day later

I was laying on the ground, with my arms behind my head, relaxing. The wind was blowing through calmly, making the grass sway and trees sway. Closing my eyes, all I could do was listen to the wind blow. It was once again peaceful, in Gamindustri. Sure something or someone might be causing problems in another nation, but in Planeptune everything was good.

I am sure that the other goddesses are fine, they can handle protecting their nations, as well as letting their troops protect it as well. I get it, if it was someone like Arfoire, maybe the soldiers wouldn't be able to defeat her. That's where the goddess comes in.

"Zack, don't you think you should be doing something right now? Not to be rude, I like how peaceful it is here, but you should do something productive other than laying around." Shenron paused, "Neptune seems to have influenced you."

That is what made a tick mark on my forehead, as I listened to my sword.

"Shenron, that's not it! I mean sure I have been living with Neptune and her younger sister Nepgear for a while now, but it doesn't mean they have influenced me to be lazy. I am just thinking about things as they are right now." I said, with a sigh as I opened my eyes.

"Still though I am worried..." I told my sword.

"Why?" Shenron asked.

"Because Arfoire and her pals haven't attacked us yet. I am just worried, she might be planning something big for me and the others. Like, what if, she had an ally like Broly, or Frieza, or even Majin Buu at her disposal? What if she had the power to resurrect them?" I asked, getting worried.

"Zack, I can understand your worry. If the enemies from Universe 7, are brought back to life here, then the CPUs are in trouble, but we don't know if Arfoire is planning to do that at all." Shenron said, making me more calm.

"Yeah you are right. Besides what is the possibility Arfoire will even find them, right? But still the thing that bothers me, is why she hasn't attacked us yet. It has been about a month since she last attacked us." I said.

"Let's wait and see, what comes up, in the meantime let's see how Nepgear is." Shenron said.

"Yeah." I said, as I got up to go see my girlfriend.

I saw Neptune eating a cup of pudding, that she got out of the fridge, as I walked into the kitchen.

'Why does that not surprise me?' I thought, watching Neptune eat her favorite pudding.

"Oh Zack! Hi!" Neptune said, with excitement in her voice.

"Uh, Hi..." I said, looking towards Neptune and Nepgear's room, planning to go there, but I stopped and faced Neptune.

"Neptune are you okay, you know from what happened before?" I asked, talking about how they were tortured on the ship.

"Yeah, why did you ask?" She said, before taking another spoonful of pudding.

"I thought it would have left you traumatized. You know from being tortured and all that." I said.

Even if she was a goddess and a lazy one too, I still care for her well being. Still she is annoying and sometimes frustrating to be with, but I still care about her as a friend. She's one of the first friends I made after all. I saw Neptune's emotion change. Like not in a good way. Her smile faded away, and a glum look replaced it.

"Zack, wahhhh!" I saw her cry coming towards me with her arms out, dropping her pudding cup onto the floor. She hugged me, with a really strong grip, as she sobbed into the top part of my clothing.