The Cold Really is Quite Cold

Sleeping through the heavy rain wasn't easy. It was quite impossible, really. So impossibly difficult that only Kyle had slept.

So as the daylight crept in, Kyle finally woke up. Despite his obvious drowsiness, he quickly realized the lack of company. Cartman was gone.

In a sleepy panic, Kyle ran out of the tent, ready to beat the living daylight out of whoever took Cartman. Instead of gracefully leaving the hardly standing tent, Kyle tripped out of it.

Kyle groaned as the moistened soil welcomed his entire body, coating him in the mud and dirt.

"Someone's having a good morning."

Kyle opened an eye for a second to look at Cartman. Kyle groaned as he closed his eyes and began to lift his muddied body off the ground.

"Not really," Kyle responded once he had finally convinced his body to balance.

The Jewish boy looked around at the area they had settled in and noticed something.

"Hey, you built a fire?" Kyle said, edging himself closer to the fire. The blast of heat only served to remind him how devastatingly cold he was. Kyle shivered from the cold at this realization.

Cartman smirked at Kyle in response. He grabbed Kyle's arm and motioned him towards the fire. Cartman sat and pulled Kyle down with him.

"Ugh Cartman! The ground is wet, what the hell?!" Kyle yelled, attempting to get up, but found it impossible as Cartman's hand was still gripped around his arm.

"Fire Kyle, fire," Cartman smirked, "You're obviously cold, Jew. So I made you a fire"

"How would you know I would be cold before I was even awake?" Kyle eyed him suspiciously, "and what about you? Aren't you cold?"

"I have body heat Kahl, something that a skinny Jew like you wouldn't understand"

Kyle chose not to respond and only huffed in response.

"Thanks..." Kyle whispered.

"Hm? What was that? I couldn't hear you." Cartman smirked, leaning closer to Kyle.

"I SAID THANK YOU, FAT ASS," Kyle screamed while ripping his arm out of Cartman's grasp and pushing him backwards. Not hard, but enough to startle him.

Cartman cackled, "You're welcome, Jew."

Kyle turned his attention to the fire. The way fire moves is beautiful, really. It danced and provided heat for the two boys. Magnificent. Cartman wasn't paying attention to the fire though.

"Stop," Kyle spoke, sternly.

"Stop what, Kahl?~" Cartman continued to study Kyle.

Kyle looked to his left and met Cartman's gaze, "stop looking at me."

"What ever do you mean Kahl?~"

"You're still staring at me, ass hat. Stop," Kyle commanded.

Cartman leaned in closer. Kyle stood up, "Okay I'm leaving."

"Wait- but aren't you freezing??" Cartman spoke out of surprise and slight concern.

"I'd rather be freezing than be next to you," Kyle stuck his tongue out at Cartman.

There was a silence. Even if it wasn't exactly serious, Cartman still felt a jab in the heart, "Well do you at least want something to eat?"

"You mean you haven't eaten it all?" Kyle raised an eyebrow as he turned back to look at Cartman.

Cartman shakes his head, "Surprisingly not."

Kyle nods, only now realizing how hungry he truly was. They walked a lot last night and he hadn't eaten anything for a while now.

So that's exactly what they did, they ate until they were finally full. Cartman ate the majority of the food, but Kyle let it go after a half an hour of arguing.

Finally night came. Their second day of living in the forest seemed somewhat successful. If you could call it that.

But that night was cold. Colder than the last. Impossible as it seems, it was true. So absolutely freezing, that Kyle and Cartman put aside their differences in favor of any heat they could claim.

Kyle hated being right next to Cartman. He hated being so close that they were able to share their two blankets. Close enough that Kyle felt warmth from him.

Cartman, however, was enjoying this.