Chapter 13

Oh what a glorious day! What a wonderful day! My eyes were bright and shinning. On this day eighteen years ago, I was born.

"Happy birthday Annie!" Ash screamed as soon as I woke up.

Marv mumbled a 'happy birthday' under his breath. But John was sweet at it. "Happy birthday Ann," he said with a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled and thanked them all. Next were presents. From Ash I got a new, skimpy dress, that I had to admit was adorable considering.

Marv said he helped with that one. Yeah right. John handed me a card and said that he hadn't wrapped my present so I had to wait until my actual birth time. I opened the card,

Dear Ann,

You just so happen to be the best girl I have ever met. I love you to the moon and back. By the way, it's kind of hot when you bite me. Oh, and your blood taste good too. Anyways I love you angel.

Love,
John

P.S. Savohn forever...

I felt my cheeks get hot. I placed a hand on his shoulder whispering in his ear, "Maybe I can bite you later since it's so hot."

"Sa-weet!" He said.

Ash jumped up and down squealing. "Okay! We get to go to the Y. You know the YMCA!"

"I know Ash." I had never been to the Y, but I'd heard that it was fun so let's try it. We called a taxi and they weren't that happy that we had called them out in the middle of nowhere.

The Y was huge. It had a pool, games area, a gym, and a place for kids to play. I darted to the games area. They had just started a dodgeball game. My favorite.

We played multiple games. My team won every time. There was one more round left, then they were closing the games room.

Only one person on my side was out. The other team had two people out including Ash. I slowed down my speed on the last round. Someone caught the ball. Oh damn!

Being a good sport I walk/ran over to the sidelines. My feet tangled up, my arms not fast enough to stop me. The wall collided with my head on the left side. Somehow the floor grazed my skin making it burn. Ow.

No one saw. Thank God. My head was pounding. My knee on fire.

One person might get embarrassed and cry. Me? No. I was pissed.

Someone caught a ball. I ran out and grabbed a ball. Run bitches. A person was about five feet from the back wall. Easy target. I threw the ball.

The guy went flying backwards into the wall. Ouch. He looked around confused. I smirked and shouted, "You're out!"

Last round was over. We won. Shocker with this boss on the team.

Ash and Marv's bedroom was at the other end of the house. It was about seven when we got back from the Y and dinner.

It was awesome by the way. John held my hand as we walked in. Ash turned me around. "Hey, we were just going to go to bed early so goodnight."

"Uh huh. Bed. Sure." She blushed and hurried to catch up with Marv.

"You are such a pervert." John smiled.

"Uh duh!" I said. "So, do I get my present now?"

"Oh! I forgot to wrap it. Wait here." He scrambled in the room shutting the door behind him.

A few minutes later he opened the door escorting me in. Upon the bed sat a small wrapped box. "Just for you, love," he coed.

My fingers ripped of the paper, opening the box. A beautiful blue Sapphire sat in the box. "Oh, John..."

"Turn it over," he said through his smiling teeth.

I turned it over. What the back said made my heart melt.

Ann & John
Forever and Ever

I gasped at the words. Me being emotional. Unheard of. But, somehow, a tear leaked from my eye.

I stood up and hugged him. "Forever and Ever," I said.

"Forever and Ever," he repeated.

A sneeze escaped my nose. How odd.

John tilted my head up to look me in the eye. "Are you allergic to my love?"

"If that were true I would have died LONG ago."

"May I kiss you?" he whispered quietly.

"Have you ever asked before silly?" I gurgled a laugh.

His eyes rolled as he leaned to kiss me. But, he paused. I went to ask what was wrong but couldn't. I was being kissed. Oh yeah! Momentarily.

"You tease," I accused. "Damn."

"Oops." He shrugged.

A yawn escaped my mouth and I fell back on the bed carefully placing the necklace on the nightstand. John took his shirt of elegantly laying next to me.

Sleep came easy and fast.