Chapter 7

I let my head go through a million different ideas on how to escape.

1.) Use all of my strength and break the chains and kill the Hunters.

2.) Wait until Matt leaves the room and Will comes in suck his blood and get the keys.

3.) Sit here and hope that God is on my side.

Number two sounded the most reasonable out of the three. So that's what I did. Will walked in and I cried out faking pain. "Will? Will," I giggled. "Will you come over here I have to tell you something."

"Sure!" The mind control was so strong it felt like it made up part of me.

He walked over close and I whispered that I was sorry. "For what, my dear?" He asked.

"This." My teeth JUST met his neck and I drank as fast as possible. When it was over I gagged, his blood tasted of Heineken. He was more drunk than normal. My feet were barefoot, my toes wiggling down to his side. I had a double jointed pinky toe that stretched out to the side grabbing the key.

I dropped the keys three times saying 'dammit' every time. My toes bended putting they keys next to my hand. They dropped again. "UGGGHHH!" I was not picking up the damn keys again!

This sounds super unrealistic, but I tipped over my chair. My fingers stretched out to the keys bending my hand back to unlock the wrist lock. Then the other. My feet didn't need a lock just to be unlatched.

Ashlyn was so happy to get out of the cussed chair that she turned around and kicked it. No damage. I laughed. She turned to me, "Oh, shut up! C'mon we have to leave I NEED to see my Drewy-Poo!"

"Ew. Could you not?" I grabbed her arm, softer than Matt had me, and walked outside.

There he was. "Speak of the devil." He smiled. Not charming but eerie and... gross.

"What are you two think you're doing? Where's Will?"

Ashlyn piped in. "Isn't that a game?"

"No." He was off track. " I think it's 'Where's Waldo' or somethin-"

I took the opportunity while he was talking to kick his... well, below his stomach. Matt bent over instinctively. My hands grabbed the side of his head colliding his nose with my knee.

A crack came from his nose along with gushing blood. He balled his fist punching my stomach. Heineken-blood streamed out of my mouth spraying at his face.

Matt backed up, covering most of his face with his hands. I didn't feel to good. At all. He was wiping off his face when I grabbed his head and turned it hard to the right. CRACK. I snapped his neck.

My breath was raged but we kept moving. The image of his eyes staring in mine as I killed him hurt so bad. I flung open the front door. The darkness surprised me as I thought it was day time. Ashlyn locked her arm around mine and looked around.

The gas station across the street had an old man that shockingly didn't hit on Ash. But when he told us where we were it felt like a slap to the face. We live in Pennsylvania. Now we're in California.

* * *

I walked back to the building, Ashlyn reluctantly following. My wallet was gone and so was Ash's. We searched the pockets of Matt and Will. Jackpot.

A looked sadly at Matt's limp body on the floor. His muscles seemed to deflate when he died. This man was the first I have ever killed aside from biting.

Matt had $47 in cash and a Debit card. Will had $7 in cash and two Debit cards, and a Credit card. Plenty of money for food and a hotel.

Hell, we're in California. We could go to a five star restaurant and a five star hotel! An M&T ATM was inside the gas station. Those idiots have their PIN numbers on the back of old receipts in their wallets.

Matt and Will must have hunted vampires for money with all of the money in their accounts. The Arobosch sign, a super fancy restaurant, shines bright from down the street.

Both of our meals combined cost 194 dollars. So freaking delicious. We got a cab to a hotel down the road. It had a beautiful balcony, the railings made of ivory.

A warm hot tub welcomed me. Along with a cushioned bed. The sheets felt like silk. My phone was gone. I wondered if John was okay, if he were... alive. Surely he was. They didn't want him.

Ash got into her bed and fell fast asleep. Each of her breaths was like a clock counting down the time until my eyes wouldn't reach for day anymore.

My mind painted a picture of John and the bed I was in. I imagined us laying together looking at the ceiling. His arm would be around the back of my neck. My hand would be placed on his bare chest.

Every few minutes he would tell me he loves me and kiss me. John's chest would rise and fall, slowing down to a sleeping pace.

I turned to my left expecting to see him. Stupid. He wasn't there. I had no idea where he was. My arms reached up for a pillow on the opposite side of the bed.

My arms and legs wrapped around the pillow. I rested my head on the pillow and I tear leaked out of my eye. Stupid. Again. Darkness and stars danced across my vision when I closed my eyelids.

A song string through my head.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder... what... you are..."