Chapter 9

Ash was unpacking by the time I was back to the hotel. She was bursting with joy to see that I too had shopped at Victoria's Secret.

"Ann, you are NEVER going to guess what I got today!" She was smiling.

"No, probably not." I sat down, this would most likely take a while.

"I got a fancy bra and thongs!" My face cringed in disgust at the word thong. "Oh! I bought a book that tells you how to lose weight too!"

I rolled my eyes. "Ashlyn, if you were any skinnier it would have to be a record." It bothered me when she called herself fat. But, that was what humans do.

I never understood why people ate worms or starved themselves in order to be skinnier. HELLO? Exercise, duh. Vampires don't get to choose whether or not they are skinny. Think that it comes from our parents? Nope.

We're all skinny. I know, I know. Screw vampires, right? Sorry.

"Ann? Are you listening to me?" Ashlyn looked me straight in the eye.

I ducked my head like a disciplined child, "Sorry."

"Don't pay it any mind." She waved her hand. Ash was obviously back in online courses.

John showed up less than an hour later from the liquor store. The guy had only been here for a day, and he was already invited to a party. Wow.

He kissed me cheek and hugged me. I blushed when his hand trailed down toward my butt. But, John would not invade my privacy, he wasn't like that.

"Okay ladies. We are going to a party tonight." He looked at me. "And you have no choice. So dress pretty and I will see you two at the front desk in an hour.

"'Kay! See ya!" Ash was so excited to see the other clothes I'd bought.

I slipped on a black dress that ended at my mid thighs. She wore a neon pink dress that was shorter than mine. WAY tighter too. Her hair was curled while my hair was straightened and pulled into a high pony tail.

"Finally you've decided to buy clothes that don't cover everything." She laughed, it wasn't that funny but I joined in. I was always taught that if you dress like a whore, you won't ever get anywhere. Well now-a-days if you, um, 'suck off' your boss', then you get higher on the payroll.

Disgusting.

John was in jeans and a rusty orange tee. His eyes sparkled when he saw us come out of the elevator. I smiled at the floor. His hair was not long but not a buzz cut.

My favorite thing was when he smiled or laughed. An inch long dimple lined itself diagonally on each cheek. So adorable.

Like the gentleman he always was, John held his arm out. I took it snuggling in his side. The party was dark and gloomy with stage smoke filling the floor.

A slow song was playing when we arrived, making a flirtatious smile spread across John's lips. Ah, those dimples. He picked me up and twirled me around in a circle. I laughed outright tipping my head back.

"You know, I LOVE your dimples," I said.

"Oh?" He set me down and placed my hands on his shoulders.

I placed a kiss on his lips. Soft and warm. A pulse ran through the kiss. He moved us over to a room that was more quiet.

A couple was across the room being VERY inappropriate. Though, I wasn't planning on doing anything PG rated. The man was sitting down, while the girl had both of her legs draped over the guy's hips.

They were quite noisy with their 'oohs' and 'mms'.

John sat down next to me, our lips never splitting. "So... um... are... we... gonna...?" He asked between breaths.

I raised my eyes to his, "I, uh." My mind was spinning. It was intoxicating being so close.

"Ann, you can tell me." He said. "Honestly tell me."

"I don't think I'm ready for that." My eyes averted to the floor. John is sensitive and cautious, he wouldn't care.

"Okay, then slow." We kissed again for a while.

Ash showed up with a drunk smile on her face. "Hey guys! I am having a great time! Best party ever!"

I stood up and grabbed her shoulders. She squirmed around telling me I was a buzzkill until she finally gave up. "Ash, we should probably leave soon."

"What?! No way!" She was angry that I had even suggested leaving.

"Yes. Now." I looked her straight in the eye. She was battling hard to get her way, so was I.

"Whatever. But I want to get some Jell-O shots from the fridge. BRB!" She scooted away heading for the kitchen.

John wrapped his arm around my waist. My head tipped against his shoulder. "Are you ready to go John?"

"Sure." He shrugged his shoulders.

Ashlyn came back with a plate of Jell-O shots and a pair of glazed eyes. She took a lot of convincing that she had actually agreed to come back to the hotel with us.

We all scarfed down the Jell-O shots and went to bed. My head was rested against John 's shoulder, my hand on his bare chest.