Chapter 10: Empowerment Week: Day#3

Glee Club practice on Thursday:

"OK people, it's day#3 of Empowerment Week. Who's going to get things started?" Will asked. "I'll go first." Myron said. He then began to sing:

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

The Glee Club applauded Myron's performance.  "That was very well done Myron." Will said. Myron nodded back nicely.

"OK, who's next?" Sam asked.  "I've got something to sing guys." Jake stated.  "Go ahead" Sam said.

"Sam I might need your help with guitar music on this one." Jake said. "No problem." Sam said as he got out a guitar and began to play as Jake started to sing:

Sometimes when your hopes have all been shattered
And there's nowhere to turn
You wonder how you keep going (going)
Think of all the things that really mattered
And the chances you've earned
The fire in your heart is growing (growing)
You can fly, if you try, leaving the past behind
Heaven only knows what you might find

Dare, dare to believe you can survive
You hold the future in your hand
Dare, dare to keep all of your dreams alive
It's time to take a stand
And you can win, if you dare

Everybody's trying to break your spirit
Keeping you down
Seems like it's been forever (ever), oh
But there's another voice if you'll just hear it
Saying it's the last round
Looks like it's now or never (never)
Out of the darkness you stumble into the light
Fighting for the things you know are right

Dare, dare to believe you can survive
The power is there at your command
Dare, dare to keep all of your dreams alive
It's time to take a stand
And you can win, if you dare

Dare, dare to believe you can survive
You hold the future in your hand
Dare, dare to keep all of your dreams alive
The power is there at your command, oh
Dare, dare to keep all your love alive
Dare to be all you can be
Dare, there is a place where dreams survive
And it's calling you on to victory
Dare, dare.

"Yeah!" Sam said.  The Glee club cheered as Jake took a bow. With that, the bell rang again. "OK, looks like time's up for today. We've got two more people who haven't performed. We'll see you all here again tomorrow." Will said.

Before everyone left, Kitty approached Mr. Schue.  "Mr. Schue?" Kitty asked.  "Hey Kitty, you OK?" Will asked. "I am now. I admit, I had a lot going on the past few days this week." Kitty replied. "I heard about that from Sam; He said you had a lot of things on your mind. You want to talk about it?" Will asked. "I feel I can now". Kitty said with a smile on her face. "As you know, Bree attacked me in the hallway yesterday." "I heard about that." Will replied. "You doing better though?" "Yeah, I heard Bree got suspended for a whole week. At least I won't have to worry about her for a while." Kitty said with relief in her voice. "Yeah." Will replied. "I'm also glad Marley and the rest of the Glee club were there to help save me." Kitty said. "We always got to stick together and be there for each other, even in tough times." Will explained.

"Also, my brother Scott is back in town, and I initially thought it would be a disaster having him here, but we had a heartfelt conversation yesterday and he's changed somehow. I think deep down, he has a tremendous heart and genuinely cares about other people. I know he has a controversial reputation, but I really think he could be the missing link for us to get back to Nationals; you said so yourself, we need one more member and I think he could be the 12th one for us. You also said that Glee Club is the one group that allows anyone to audition. I'm asking, no, I'm begging you Mr. Schue, please give him a chance. I swear you won't regret it." Kitty said with sincerity in her eyes.  "OK, I'll let him audition tomorrow at practice." Will said.  "Thank you." Kitty replied.  "Was there something else?" Will asked.

"Yes, you also said a long time ago, that this club is the one place where you can feel like you belong regardless of your beliefs, race, gender, or even homosexuality." Kitty stated  "Yeah, I did." Will said. "What's going on?" "Well, if I tell you this, can you please not tell anyone else about this yet, I want to let them know about this tomorrow in Glee Club; In fact, I have a special song that I want to dedicate for the both of us for empowerment week." "OK." Will stated. "What is it?"  "I'm gay." Kitty said.  "I didn't know it at first, but I can't ignore my feelings now. In fact, I have a special someone that I have feelings for."  "Who?" Will asked.  "Marley Rose." Kitty replied. Will looked at her with a bit of shock in his eyes.  "Please don't tell anybody." Kitty said with pleading eyes. "Does she know about this?" Will asked.  "Yes, she already told me how she feels about me as well." Kitty replied. "Does your brother know about this?" Will asked.  "Not yet, but I'll tell him and the rest of the Glee club tomorrow." Kitty stated. "OK. That was very brave of you Kitty coming out to me like that. I guess this week has empowered you somewhat." Will said with a smile.  "I guess it has." Kitty replied with a genuine smile as well. "Thanks Mr. Schue."  "My pleasure, feel free to talk to me anytime if there's something on your mind." Will said with a smile. Kitty nodded and walked out happily.

That was a nice poignant moment between Kitty & Will there. I like how Will is very accepting of Kitty's homosexuality. He's like the father figure every Glee Club member needs.

Anyways, only one more day of Empowerment Week in the Glee Club left, and it looks like Kitty and Marley are the only ones who haven't sung yet.  Also, Kitty has a special song to sing for the both of them. What could it be?  Also, Scott is going to get a chance to audition for the Glee Club as well.  Will he nail his audition and become the 12th member?

Find out in the next chapter!!!

The songs sung by the respective Glee Club members in this chapter are:

1. Myron- "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban

2. Jake- "Dare" by Stan Bush