Chapter Seven - The Guardian

#7 The Guardian

You had half wondered  just how Dean had managed to drive in his condition though you didn’t question it out loud. You had heard him refer to the Impala often as ‘Baby’. You had learnt quickly of his somewhat unhealthy attachment to the car and came to realize that he seldom let anyone else drive his vehicle. Once the Impala came to a stop outside Bobby’s house Sam rounded the car to help Dean out.

“I can manage” he gently pushed his brother back before heading towards the entrance of the house. You watched Castiel, who hadn’t moved from his spot in the car beside you. The weight of your news returned tenfold, crushing and squeezing your chest. Your hands balled into fists and relaxed repeatedly as nerves wracked your body. You let out a shaky breath before turning and climbing out of the car. You were thankful that the angel beside you was not observant enough to notice the curious nature of your behaviour as he mimicked your actions. You followed through the door after Sam, and Castiel followed closely behind you.

“The hell happened to you two?” Bobby questioned Sam and Dean as they walked past him. Of course Sam wasn’t as beaten up as Dean though he did have a gash on his head and another on his right arm where the sleeve of his white patterned shirt was ripped.

“Demons, Bobby. It’s always Demons” Dean grunted You let out a sigh and shook your head lightly as Bobby closed the door behind the four of you. Dean moved straight to the living room where he took a seat on the couch. Sam shuffled by and fell into the seat next to him whilst Castiel lingered in the doorway. Bobby had walked around to lean against the desk that sat off to the left of the room. You knew what you needed. As you thought about it, you knew of one thing that could soften the blow of your forthcoming news. You turned to the right and headed for the kitchen. No one said a word though you could feel four sets of eyes on your back as you made haste for your destination. You reached the fridge off to the right hand corner of the kitchen and pulled the door open with a huff.

“Can I help you?” Bobby’s voice startled you causing you to snap your head to the doorframe where he was standing, watching you. Suspicion was written across his features. You decided to level with him, tell him the truth, as you let out another heavy sigh.

“There’s something that I need to tell the boys” you admitted. Your eyes finally scanned over what you were looking for. You paused, pulling two bottles of beer out of the fridge before turning back to Bobby, “I was kind of hoping to ease them into it.”

Bobby narrowed his eyes, “What is it you need to tell them?” 

This was the first look of suspicion that came your way from Bobby Singer and it made you a little uneasy though you decided to try and push through it. “Please Bobby,” Your face was drawn from exhaustion and worry as you  pulled out two more bottles “Just help me carry these in.”

His expression softened as he walked over to you and set a hand on your shoulder, “You okay?”

“Trust me” you pleaded.

Bobby let out a soft sigh before turning and opening the fridge once more. He pulled out another bottle. “I will,” he concluded “Just don’t make me regret it.”

You gave him a tight nod as you grabbed two bottle necks in your right hand and wrapped your left around a third bottle. You knew that Bobby was watching as you turned and made your way back to where the other three were waiting in silence. You noticed that Cas had already fixed Dean up, though Sam’s wounds were slight and therefore still present. You headed in Dean’s direction first.