Chapter Thirteen - The Torture Room

#13 - The Torture Room

“So Castiel, where is she?” a tall man with thick black hair circled the angel. Castiel was bound in a cold, dark room. It was barely large enough to supply the dank air to it’s two current residents.

Castiel offered a dark glare, “I told you Jehoel, I don’t know.”

Jehoel sneered, meeting Castiel’s gaze and moving briskly so that his face was mere inches away from the angel’s in seconds. A cry was heard from an adjacent room and Castiel knew instantly that the noise had risen from Gabriel’s lungs.

“If you will not talk,”  Jehoel spoke in a sickening tone as he reached for his belt, pulling out an angel blade “Then you will burn with the rest of them.” He brought the blade to Castiel’s throat, allowing it to bite into the soft skin on his neck. “Say goodbye Castiel” the second angel’s words sank through the air like poison  as Castiel waited for his death. He closed his eyes tightly and waited for that final bite, though what he felt instead was the pressure of the blade released from his neck.

You had stumbled through the door with Azrael and wasted no time in plunging your own angel blade into the dark haired  angels back before kneeling in front of a bloody and beaten Castiel.

“Castiel, open your eyes” you ordered. You watched as his lids opened slowly to reveal tired blue eyes

“[Name]” he breathed.

“I’m gonna cut you loose Cas. Just hold on” you spoke words of comfort as you cut through the restraints that bound his wrists in the air. A shuddering cry rang through the air and penetrated your senses without mercy.

“Gabriel” Castiel murmured.

You looked to Azrael, who nodded knowingly, “I got it.” He pushed past the two of you as you turned your attention back to Castiel.

“You’re okay” Castiel noted.

“Yeah Cas, of course I am” you sighed before taking a breath of determination “And you will be too. I’m going to get you out of here.”

“That is very comforting [Name],” Castiel wore that familiar look of bewilderment on his face, like a lost puppy looking for home. He squeezed his eyes to a mere squint as you freed his hand. He brought it down and ran his fingers over your cheek, scrutinizing your every move as his fingers left the red tint of his own blood upon your skin “But that is not what I meant.” 

You were captivated by his blue eyes as they gazed upon you, grazing over your features with gentle precision.

“Then what did you mean, Cas?”

His vision dropped to the ground, his eyes now tracing the lines on his palm, “I am not accustomed to emotion but I...” His words were interrupted by Azrael’s return, a beaten and bloody Gabriel hanging limply from his shoulders.

“We need to get out of here,” Azrael instructed immediately as he looked you and Cas over, his eyes finally settling on Castiel as his lips parted to form a question “You think you got any Angel juice left?”

Castiel shook his head in response, “I wish I did.”

Azrael narrowed his dark eyes briefly before looking back to you, “I thought we may need back up. There’s another Angel, Barachiel, a friend who shares our beliefs. I think, if we could reach him, he could help us to return home.”

“Barachiel,” Castiel noted “He is a good soldier. We can trust him.”

Azrael simply nodded in return.

“Then we need to go now” you huffed as you pulled Castiel to his feet and allowed him to shift the support of his weight across your shoulders. Azrael took the lead with Gabriel as you and Cas followed behind.

Once you stepped out of that room your breath was swept away. An array of water slapped mercilessly at your skin as the wind blew your hair around your face, tinting your view. Lightning struck the ground around around you, lighting the sky with each flash and thunder roared out, accompanying every burst of light.

“A storm, in heaven?” you shouted over the noise.

“We’re on the right path,” Azrael called back “This is Barachiel’s scene. However it does indicate that he see’s threat. We are not the only ones looking for him on this road.” You watched as he stopped in his tracks, causing you to come to a halt alongside him. He gently shifted Gabriel’s weight, resting his limp form by a large boulder on the ground. There were many large rocks and boulders around the scene and you imagined if not for the storm this place would have an arid feel. In fact, the storm seemed largely out of place once you thought about it enough. There were no tree’s, no grass, no shelter.

“What are you doing?” you questioned as Azrael began to step away.

He turned to you briefly, “I’m going ahead by myself. If there is any threat at all, I’ll be able to fight better that way. Besides you, my little champion, are far more important than I am. I promised to keep you safe remember.”

You shook your head, assisting Castiel to the spot beside Gabriel where he could perch comfortably, before gripping hold of Azrael’s arm, “I’m not letting you go alone.”

You heard a grunt from Castiel’s direction as he objected. Though Azrael was the one to speak. He offered a charming smile as a gentle chuckle arose from his throat, “Do not be naive [Name]. Besides someone has to stay here with Cas and Gabriel. You think you can handle that?”

You let out a soft sigh in defeat before releasing Azrael’s hand, “Fine. But hurry. ”

“I will,” Azrael’s smile softened as he stepped toward you and wrapped his arms around you tightly in one swift movement. He was able to tower over you due to his height as he placed a gentle kiss on the top of your head. It took you by surprise at first, though you shrugged it off.

“Then go,” you pulled out of his grasp and reached for the Angel blade inside your jacket. “We’ll wait here.”

Azrael nodded, turning on his heel and starting in the opposite direction. You offered one last glance before turning back to Castiel. You let out a heavy sigh before walking over and resting beside him. With your Angel blade in hand and eyes squinting into the heavy rain, you simply hoped that you were doing the right thing. As naive as you were to do so, you still prayed that Azrael would return safely, that Cas and Gabe would make it home just fine, and all the time, that Sam, Dean and Bobby were out of harms way in your absence.