Chapter Ten - The Recovery

#10 The Recovery

Your eyes snapped open as a tear educing pain shot through your shoulder, accompanied by a deafening ‘click.’

“It’s okay, it’s done” the sound of Bobby’s harsh voice almost met your ears in a soothing manner.

“Bobby” you questioned, voice scratchy and broken. You tried to sit though the pain that rocketed through your body wouldn’t allow it.

“Take it easy kid,” Bobby pushed your shoulder back gently. “You got a habit of getting beaten half to death, you lost a lot of blood again too.”

“Yeah, well monsters seem to like me” you chuckled though it was cut short by your dry throat and a heavy cough took over.

“You can say that again” Bobby readjusted the blue cap on his head before  reaching for a glass of water that sat by the side of the bed where you were laying. He lifted the glass and passed it in your direction. You took it from his hands slowly, pressing your fingertips against the cool, smooth cup.

As you held the glass in your hands you finally noticed your surroundings, narrowing your eyes as they landed back on the man beside you.

“Bobby,” you summoned his attention “Am I in your room?”

Bobby shook his head with a frown, “We couldn’t exactly put you on the couch. You’ve been out for two days. Besides the bed’s more comfortable.”

“Wow Bobby, at least buy me a drink first” you raised an eyebrow.

A chuckle escaped Bobby’s lips at your coyness, “Aw hell [Name], you’re gonna make an old man blush.”

“Do you think you could help me sit?” you questioned as you shuffled a little, the pain that nagged at your sides refused to let you forget it’s presence.

Bobby gave you a cautious look, “You think you should be moving round already?”

“Aw c’mon I can’t just lay here,” you noticed that Bobby’s expression had not changed and pushed some more. You put on a smile, “I need to sit to drink my water.”

“You’re stubborn as an old mare” Bobby’s frown was accompanied by a grunt as he complied. Moving behind you and supporting your shoulders as you pushed yourself up. You winced as you moved, though your determination pushed you on. You found yourself a little hunched over, but sitting none the less.

“That makes two of us” you raised a brow.

Bobby parted his lips to reply though halted as the sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted from the doorway. The two of you looked over to the source of the noise, where Dean was leaning against the doorframe. His lips was busted and a gash stretched across his left cheek.

“Am I interrupting something?”  he questioned, fastening his arms across his chest.