Chapter Six - Getting Out Alive

#6 Getting Out Alive

You clutched the blade in your hand firmly as you followed Castiel through the front door and down a long hallway. You cringed as an old wooden floorboard creaked under the pressure of your boot. Castiel froze and turned to you as you mouthed a silent apology. He had already taken down two demons but your kill ratio was still zero. You let out a muffled squeal as a hand was placed over your lips and an arm wrapped around your torso. Castiel hadn’t appeared to notice that a dark haired demon had grabbed you and pulled you off into a side room. 

His dark eyes stared you down as he let out a sneer, “The King will be happy once I give you over, all gift wrapped.”

You narrowed your eyes as you bit down on his hand causing him to snap it back.

“You bitch” he cried out. He reached out again to grip hold of your hair but before he could you planted the dagger deep in his chest. An orange light appeared to flash from within his body a few times before he crumpled to the ground. You wiped your face with the back of your hand, smearing a line of blood over your cheek. As you glanced up from the body you noticed Castiel in the doorway. 

He stared at you for a while before speaking up, “I need you to check upstairs. I’ll take the barn. If you get into trouble I’ll hear.”

You nodded as you looked down towards the demon on the ground, limp and motionless.

Castiel took his exit before you stepped around the demon in your way. You stood at the bottom of the stairs for a moment just staring ahead of you. Your ears pricked up as you took your first step. A pained cry sounded from above. You swallowed your fear as you continued up the stair way, searching for the location of the sound as a second cry rang out followed by loud cursing.

“Dean,” you murmured under your breath as recognition hit your ears. You sprinted the last few steps and turned a corner. There was a room to your left, the oak coloured door was cracked open slightly. You readied the blade in your hand before peering through the crack.

“I already told you, you’re not getting anything out of me,” you saw Dean slumped over in a wooden chair. Thick leather cuffs restrained his wrists to the arms of the chair and another set held his ankles to the legs. His lip was busted open, a long streak of blood dripped down from his hairline on the right. There was a deep gash next to his left eye and his nose looked broken and bloody. You noticed the light swelling in his left eye and cheek already begin to set in. “So kill me” he spat, blood emerging from his lips. You saw a fist collide with his left cheek and jumped back a little. Your vision of the second man in the room was cut off by your limited view from the door. You could only hope that there was only one assailant inside that room as you pressed your fingertips to the door.

You pushed against it with force causing the man in front of Dean to turn to you. His black eyes studied you a moment before he gave you a wide grin. His thick black hair was slicked back and his white shirt stained with Dean’s blood. There was more blood painted across his dark knuckles. You held the blade behind your back, out of view.

“Who’s this? Your girlfriend?” the demon’s question was aimed toward Dean though his gaze was still focused on you. Your eyes snapped to Dean momentarily and you could see the concern that flooded his features as he began to struggle against the restraints. The demon seemed to notice this too as his grin only spread wider whilst he took a few steps toward you, “You’re going to watch as I rip out her throat.” He let out a throaty chuckle as he set his rough hands around your neck.