19 × I'm Immune - Daryl Dixon

(A/N - Sorry, this is a short one.)

Summary
You tell your friends the biggest secrets you've been keeping.

Setting - The Prison

Word Count - 460

The tables were full. Rick had called everyone from the group. You told him that you had something to tell everyone. He seemed concerned but you waved it off and told him that it wasn't something to worry about.

"So, (Y/N) has something important to tell us. So listen up." He crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for you to get it out.

"I-- I don't really know how to say it..." You paused to look down at your hands.

The faded bite mark was still there.

You sighed and continued, "I'm immune to walkers. I can't become one of them. And no, I don't know why."

People who were still walking around dropped their things to look at you in shock. Everyone was staring at you, eyes blown wide.

"What are you talking about? How could you be immune to all this?" Rick was also shocked, he probably didn't expect this from you.

"I said I don't know. A few days after the outbreak I was bitten by one of the walkers. Right on my hand. I tried pushing it away from me, and that's when its teeth started to sink into the flesh. I woke up fine. The next few weeks went by and nothing happened to me."

Everyone was silent. What else was there to say really?

You walked to your cell and left them to soak in the silence of the room. You laid on the bed and stretched your arms, muscles aching in the process.

"(Y/N)?" You looked over at Daryl who was leaning against the frame of the doorway.

"Hm?" You looked up at the ceiling.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yeah. Finally getting it off my chest feels nice. I don't have to hide anything anymore." You contemplated your answer before saying, "Actually, there is still something that I have to hide."

"And what's that?" He walked into the room and plopped himself onto the bed.

"Why would I tell you? It's a secret." You smirked when he became confused.

"Since when do you keep secrets from me?"

"Since the moment I met you, Daryl. You just never found out what it was."

"Just tell me."

"I love you." Wait, why did you just say it out loud?

"Fuck didn't think you'd actually tell me..." He looked at you and the expression he wore was unreadable.

You rubbed your neck sheepishly and smiled at him.

"You mean it?"

"Yes," You said in all seriousness.

"Good." He grabbed you by the back of the neck and pressed his lips tightly against yours.

"Cause I love you too."