7 × Nightmares - Glenn Rhee

Summary
You're having an inescapable nightmare. Nobody's there to help you. It's like you're just invisible to everyone. You're stuck having the same nightmare over, and over, and over again. It doesn't go away. Until one day someone sees you..

Word Count - 1048

"Stop! Stop please!" You screamed, tears rolling down your pale face. He wouldn't let go of you. He turned. His eyes were now a light green mixed with gray, and his body, which was once warm, was now cold like ice.

His left hand was reaching towards your face, while his right was already grasping onto your neck.

"Stop, please.." Your screams stopped, and turned into hoarse whispers. You knew he couldn't understand you, but you tried anyways. You always had hope, even in near-death situations.

But, this is where you lose hope.

Lose your mind.

Lose your life..

Suddenly, everything stops. The nearby clock stops ticking, the lights stop flickering, your older brother stops trying to bite into your flesh. The only thing left moving, is you.

You turned your head to the side and spot a small pocket knife, lying on your kitchen counter. You quickly push your older brother's large frame off of you, and that's when everything starts moving again.

He grabs your arm, and you roughly yank it away, grabbing the already-opened pocket knife, and stabbing your brother in the head.

It doesn't work, he doesn't die.

Your sobbing now, almost falling to the ground, when he bites into your neck, tearing off the flesh, and pulling away.

When he's about to bite you again, you wake up.

You're panting with sweat running down your face, covering your chest and neck.

You cry silently into your trembling hands, not giving a damn about the people who could probably hear you.

When you went to Atlanta, expecting protection and supplies, you were alone. Your family and friends had all died in front of your eyes. When you discovered it was all a lie, you were feeling a mix of emotions, too complex to describe.

But, you were able to find a group of people. It didn't really matter. You were closed off to people. Closed off to the world. Nobody cared.

They all knew you had nightmares.

But they never once asked if you were okay.

You wanted to leave, but where would you go? You had no other family to go too. That's what made you decide to stay with them. The fact that there were people there, was good enough for you.

You didn't need them to like you. You just didn't want to be alone anymore.

You cried into your pillow, waiting for the sun to rise.

---------------

When you woke up everyone was already up and doing their chores. After helping with laundry, you had to go on a run with Glenn. He was one of the people you actually knew the name of.

He didn't know much about you, but he was a kind person. You didn't deny that you had a small crush on him. It was because he actually cared, when you thought no one else did.

You walked towards Carol, another person you remembered. She was a nice person, even when she was being abused by her husband. You felt bad for her, you know what it's like, you were in the same situation, it was a long time ago though. When you were still an early teenager. You don't want to think of it right now.

"You need any help?" You offered. She looked at you and smiled, "No, you can go ahead on your run, we have more than enough people to do the laundry."

You quickly thanked her, and slowly walked towards Glenn's tent. "Glenn? You up?" You whispered so that if he was sleeping he wouldn't need to wake up. You heard the zipper open and out came Glenn, with his stupid, yet cute, baseball cap on.

You smiled slightly at him. He stared at you for almost a minute, maybe, before the realization reached his confused face,"Oh, yeah we're going to get more supplies! Sorry, forgot. Let me just grab my backpack."

He went back into his tent and you waited, playing with the zipper on your duffle bag.

When he came back out he was carrying his forest green backpack.

The two of you walked to the box truck, not to far from Glenn's tent. You had to have a lot of room, in case you found any needed supplies, and didn't have enough room in your bags. When you got in the passengers seat you put your seat belt on, and looked out the window to your right, your thoughts wandering.

---------------

No, not again..

You knew it was a dream, because you've been having the same one every night. The one where your brother eats you alive. And you can't stop him.

You don't even need to feel the tears, you already know your crying.

Why won't it stop?

Why do you keep reliving your brothers death? Is this God's way of telling you.. It's time?

This time you don't fight back. You let your brother tear off your skin and sink his rotten teeth into you.

When you wake up.. You're screaming. You don't know why, but you can't seem to stop.

You feel arms wrapped around your slim torso, and that's when you stop screaming. You look up, shaking violently. When you see Glenn with an extremely concerned look on his face, your shaking slows down to a minimum.

"Everything okay (Y/N)? Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. "I-I'm fine. It was just another nightmare. I always have them, I'll get over it." You knew that was a lie, but you didn't want to be a burden to him.

"I don't want you to be by yourself anymore. I'm going to sleep with you in your tent, from now on. Okay?"

You'd say no, but maybe having someone with you, would be for the best. So, you just nodded, not having words to speak.

He nodded back smiling, and held you closely, kissing your forehead in the process.

You smiled, blushing.

You finally had someone to protect you from your nightmares.

(A/N - Leave requests please! 💕)