9 × Like You Too - Carl Grimes

Summary
You're in love with your best friend. You don't plan on telling him. But what happens when one of your friends happen to reveal your secret.

Word Count - 550

You were on fence duty, stabbing walkers in the head with your sharpened hunting knife. It was a normal day for you. You'd be on fence duty for half the day, then you were free to do whatever else you wanted.

You stabbed your last undead victim, and walked back to your cell. You climbed onto your designated bunk after grabbing the paperback book that Maggie grabbed for you, when on a run with Glenn. She was one of your closest friends - not including Carl.

You quickly skimmed through the short novel, too bored to actually read it thoroughly. After a few minutes you gave up and just tossed the book back onto the small table in the corner of the room.

You were not lucky, because at that same moment Carl decided to walk in. Your heart rate immediately escalated. Ever since you realized your feelings for Carl, things were more awkward.

Sometimes when he spoke to you, your mind just wandered, and he had to snap you back to reality. You had to avoid him sometimes because you were now to scared to even speak to him anymore.

When he laid down on his bunk he didn't say a word to you. You felt uncomfortable with the silence so you crawled down the ladder on the bunk bed and walked out of the cell. You could feel his eyes staring at you as you left.

After just wandering around the prison, you decided to go and talk to Maggie, if she wasn't busy. When you saw that she was alone in her cell, reading a book, you knocked on the wall, announcing your presence.

She looked up closing her book and gave a small smile. "Hey (Y/N), you need something?"

"Nah, just wanted to hang out, are you busy?" She shook her head in response and patted the empty space on her bed, inviting you to sit.

---------------

The two of you talked for awhile until you had to go back to your cell.

You pulled the makeshift curtain over the cell door and starting to take off your blood-stained shirt when there was choked sound next to you.

Your head snapped towards the bunks and you froze, dropping your shirt back down.

There, Carl sat looking flushed. He was averting his gaze to the wall. You felt a blush creep on your face as you apologized.

He shook his head. "I should of said something sooner, sorry."

You shook your head smiling slightly, and didn't bother changing as you climbed into your bed, facing the wall.

After a few minutes Carl spoke up, "Maggie told me that you liked me." He said it so bluntly that you thought maybe he was just joking.

When you realized he was being serious, you started to panic. You were so going to kill Maggie later.

"I like you too." You heard him say.

You almost fell trying to climb down the ladder. He was already sitting up on the bed, so you leaned down grabbing his face, as you initiated your first kiss.

(A/N - Leave requests please! 💕)