Vents - Clint x Reader

You were a new Avenger. You'd been recruited afrer you finished your Avenger Trainee status working with Natasha and Clint (who is not married with children in this one) for about a year now.

All of the members of the team lately have been a little distant to you. Even Clint, and he was dating you, going on five months.

You were beginning to get a little frustrated with the team for not paying much attention to you at all.

Once, over the PA, Tony announced that he needed Natasha, Clint, Steve, Wanda, and Pietro. Suspicious of what they were doing, you decided to check it out.

Thanks to Clint, you were an expert at crawling through vents. You spied on people all the time and you knew every route in the Tower.

You went to your room, popped the vent seal off, and jumped, catching yourself on the inside of it, hoisting yourself up and putting the vent cover back.

You began to silently travel through the vents, taking the routes to the room they were in. You saw the group of people standing around, some sitting in chairs as they talked.

You listened closely, there were a few mentions of "plans". You didn't know what to think and you assumed they were plotting against you.

You heard Clint say, "Yeah, we'll have to avoid monkey bottoms." When Clint said this, everyone seemed to be careful with their nexts words, making sure to avoid big clues.

"Did he just use a code word???" You silently whispered to yourself. Suddenly, Clint left the room. You debated whether to follow him or not.

You decided to see if you could put some of Natasha's training to good use. You listened to their conversation, which was casual and friendly.

You listened intently to see if they were using codes but all of the things they talked about were completely random.

Suddenly, you heard a low shuffle. You looked behind you and almost screamed when you saw someone behind you.

You kicked at them in defense and the sudden movement made the vent seal under you loosen, falling and taking you with it.

You were falling from the vents like Clint had done so many times before. You closed your eyes, shielding your face as you waited to be hit with the hard contact of the cool floor.

You opened your eyes when you were met with nothing and saw red whisps around you, setting you down softly. You looked up and saw Wanda's eyes flicker back to their normal blue from the red of her magic.

You smiled awkwardly. "Hey, guys..." You chuckled nervously. Everyone folded their arme. You looked back at the vents to see who was behind you.

Clint smiled down at you with that face he gives cookies.

You sighed

You sighed. You couldn't make a run for it. You lifted your head, "So....does anyone have any orange slices?"

You were locked in your room and Clint bad sealed your vents. This is usually what happened when you were caught spying without permission.

You groaned loudly and yelled a little. "I'm not a child!" You yelled. You knew they couldn't hear you because everytime they locked you in your room, they'd sound proof it so they couldn't hear you scream for them to let you out.

You heard your door unlock and lifted your head as you lied on your ved with your arms and legs spread out.

Clint stood at the door and folded his arms, leaning against the door frame. "So....Why were you spying?"

You said, "I'm not a child." He asked, "No? Then why do you act like one?" You responded, "You guys are avoiding me. I'm pissed. I need answers."

He walked over to you and sat on the bed beside you. Clint said, "How 'bout I make it up to you? Date night?"

You sat up and said, "Sure." He spoke, "Great. Tonight at 8:00." You smiled and planted a kiss om his lips as he stood and walked to the door.

You walked after him and he said, "Oh, yeah. You're still in trouble. Cap's orders." You crossed your arms like a five year old. "Oh, come on!"

He closed the door and left you in your room.

It was almost and you were still mad about the locking you in your room. You put on a pair of grey sweatpants and a purple shirt with slippers.

You sat on your bed and waited for Clint. When he opened the door and saw you he asked, "Why aren't you ready?"

"You locked me in my room."

"Y/N. Don't be like that."

"Like what? I'm being a delight."

"Y/N."

"What?"

"Please? Get dressed for me?"

"I am dressed."

"Sweetheart."

You couldn't argue with that. When he called you sweetheart, you were instantly captured and you couldn't argue with him.

You huffed a sigh. "Fine." You exaggerated. You got up and went to your closet, changing into a better outfit for the your date.

You touched up on make-up, applying a but of blush, mascara, and lipstick

You touched up on make-up, applying a but of blush, mascara, and lipstick. "There. Better?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Cling wrapped his arm around your waist and said, "You looked good with yhe sweatpants to, sweetheart."

You blushed a little from the nickname and finally smiled at him, kissing him. He lead you from your room and to yhe elevator.

You tapped your foot as he tapped the button to another floor. You clicked your tongue as you waited.

When the elevator dinged, you stepped out and realized that you weren't on the first floor. Instead, you were surrounded by music and a bunch of people you didn't know with a mix of the team members.

"Whaaaa?" You said. Balloons fell from the ceiling with confetti decorating the floor with them. Everyone saw you and yelled, "Surprise!"

You said, "It's not my birthday...... Right? Did I miss my birthday?" Clint said, "No. This us for your new official Avengers status. Congrats, Y/N/N."

You smiled and said, "This is what you all were planning. Why was the code word for me in the vents 'monkey bottoms'???" Clint laughed and said, "It was Thor's idea."

You shook your head, "No... No, it was definitely you." He laughed again, "You know me so well." He kissed you and said, "I love you, sweetheart."

You grew weak at the knees as you said, "I love you, too, love." This was his weakness. You calling him love was his version of him calling you sweetheart.

He smiled and kissed you again.