Incantations - Sam x Reader

"Hey, Rapunzel! Come here!" Your boyfriend called. You rolled your eyes at his ridiculous nickname for you.

You join him in the living room to see what he wanted. "What do you want, Birdbrain?" You asked. He pointed to the TV. He was watching Tangled. Great!

You rolled your eyes and told him, "Just because I can do what she does, does not mean you have to tease me about it all the time."

Yes. Your powers were healing. No. Not with your hair. It was through physical contact, but you still had to sing for it to work.

Someone scientist or whatever had seen Tangled and decided, "You know what? That'd be a great idea! Let's see of we can do this!"

And so they did. They made a serum that can have the same effects on someone, just not through hair, but it would not work on a born person.

When someone made that serum, they made eleven viles. They injected eleven volunteered pregnant women before their child was born.

On the day of their child's fifth birthday, they were tested for tested to see if the children had received gift.

You were the only child who had. You were taught how to use your power. S.H.I.E.L.D soon recruited you to work in the medical division and help heal those who were badly wounded during missions.

That's how you met Sam. He had been wounded and needed treatment. You healed him and that's where it all began.

Anyway, your page went off and you looked at it. "Duty calls. Also, I'm going to see my sister at the hospital after this. She's not doing so well. Be back later." You said, kissing Sam's cheek before leaving for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sam said, "Okay. Tell me when you're going so I can go with you. Be there when you see her." You said, "Okay." You left.

When you arrived at S.H.I.E.L.D, you took care of the patient. After they had been healed, you let them rest. You then pulled out your phone.

You
Headed to the hospital.

Sam
Ok. On my way.

You put your phone up and got in your car, headed for the hospital. You walked up to the front desk and said, "Valerie L/N."

The person at the desk said, "Um, wait here, please." You nodded and sat at one of the chairs in the lobby, while they got up and headed down the hall.

A few minutes later, them and the doctor came back. You furrowed your eyebrows. He said, "Hello, Ms. Y/N."

You shook the hand he was holding out for you. "Hello, Doc. Is Valerie okay?" You asked. The doctor took a breath before saying, "She...didn't make it. I'm sorry."

You felt tears prick from the corner of your eyes. A tear ran down your cheek as you began to cry. "Hey, Y/N." Someone said behind you.

You turned and saw Sam. He saw the tears in your eyes and asked, "What happened?" You said, "Valerie....She's..."

You cried and Sam ran to you and engulfed you in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, N/N." The doctor said, "I will go get her stuff, if you would like me to."

Sam rocked you back and forth. He looked up at the doctor and nodded. The doctor turned and left to get your sister's stuff.

When the doctor came back with a box full of Valerie's belongings, Sam took them and said, "Thank you, doctor."

The doctor nodded and then left. Sam walked you to the car. He put you inside, the box in the back seat.