Ceremony

【Luke's Flashback POV】

"Come on Luke let go" my father says to me in a serious tone so I know it's important. "What is it father?" I asked wondering what it was gonna be about hopefully nothing bad. "We need to talk alpha business son, I'm at that age that I have to give this down to you and you're at the age to get it son." He says, oh shit I forgot all about that crap.

"You are seriously gonna pick him over me dad!" Tyler said from the door way listening in I assume, "Your not fitted for alpha Tyler you don't understand how to lead!" My father said I could already tell he was getting mad already, "I can lead right, you just want to keep it peaceful with people who threaten us!" Tyler responded I just stood in a corner avoiding it "You can't just kill off other packs Tyler it just isn't good for us" he told him.

"You rather keep those murders run freely and what happens when they come through the walls and kill someone I can ma-", "ENOUGH TYLER!" My father yelled his eyes glowing redder than ever, "I'm picking Luke cause he understands the way and if you have anymore problems I will banish you from the pack" my father said that would be a harsh decision, to banish my own brother?

Tyler was about to walk out "I hate you, coward" he says I don't know who that was towards. "What am I gonna do with your brother Luke?" My father sighed in disappointment I didn't know if that was just a statement or question, "I don't know father." I go back to the table and sit down.

"Yea but anyway you should know the process" he said, "It's gonna be quick and easy for everyone else but for you it's gonna be a little longer.

"What do you mean?" I asked cause he never spoke of it till now. "We will be linking our minds through a old technique." he said "it will feel like the  literal weight of the world, our world on you and you have see your way through till you find me or it" he said to me.

"It?" I said to him, "Yes the wolf in me that carries everything from me to my dad to his and so on and so forth." He told me, "Memories will be thrown from all of them and you have to go through no matter how... dark they seem if not the process will not work and we risk losing our minds" Gosh no pressure right.

"No pressure right son?" It's like he read my mind, "None father?" I said to him, "wrong you should fell all the pressure the fate of our pack and our future lays in your hands" great now even more. "But I trust you to lead us In the right direction and the pack will follow you. "Yes father" I tell him, "unlike your brother he'd probably get stuck or once seeing it through he'll just lead us down a dark path." He is right but I wish he at least would talk down so much on him. We continue to talk for a little while longer.

________
Today's the day of the ceremony, the day I become alpha, I don't think I'm ready. Can I hold the mantle of alpha like my father? Or the ones before? God I hope so. There was a knock on my door, "Son can we come in?" I heard my father say. "Yes" I see him and my mother walk in.

"What is it?" I asked him thinking they should be getting ready especially my father. "We just wanted to let you know that you can do this and that we're proud of you" my mother said hugging me and my father putting a hand on my shoulder and they both smiled "Thank you both" I said back.

"Let's go it's almost time" my father said. They both left the room. I turn to look into the mirror to see the somewhat formal suit on me and the glow in my yellow eyes, "I am ready."

"You aren't" I heard Tyler say, "I'm stronger then you in every way I don't see what's so good about you" he said. "Father thinks I'm right cause I'm level headed and that no matter what I wouldn't let anger cloud my head like does you and you're proving him right", he huffed loud and just walked off. Thankfully that's all I didn't fight him before the ceremony.