Jot a brief message

Shane's pov

Neil informed us a little bit ago that Julie was on her way back to the NJC. We want to discuss her decision to have Neil administer her punishment for playing in Friday's basketball game. I for one am still in shock she went straight to his office and asked him to discipline her. Knowing how strict Neil can be, Mike and I head over to her room to make sure she's okay.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Lisa opens the door and stands in the doorway blocking our entrance.

"Hi, Lisa, we want to talk to Julie. Is she here?" Mike questions politely.

"Julie's not receiving guests right now, maybe you can stop by later." Lisa tries to close the door.

Stopping the door with his hand, Mike and I don't move as he repeats more sternly this time, "We want to speak to Julie."

"Julie's currently unavailable but if you'd like, I can take down your name and number and jot a brief message which I'll be sure to pass along to her," Lisa says, arms outstretched preventing our entry.

"If you don't let us in right now, I'll take your pants down and my belt will jot a brief message on your behind." I look Lisa in the eye as I reach for my buckle.

"Perhaps her schedule has opened up, freeing some time. I'll check on that now." Lisa turns toward  Julie's bed, allowing us partial access to their room but Julie's not there. "She must be in the bathroom," Lisa says, looking at the closed door.

Hearing the shower turn on, Mike tells Lisa, "Tell Julie to come to Shane's room when she's done."

When Lisa doesn't respond, he reiterates, "Am I clear?"

Recognizing the proximity to our limit of patience, Lisa wisely responds, "Yes sir," so Mike and I turn to leave, heading back to my room to wait for Julie.

Twenty minutes later

Shane's pov

"You wanted to speak to me?" Julie asks, peeking her head into my room.

"Sit down, Julie, so we can discuss what transpired in Dr. Curtis's office," Mike says, pointing to Shane's bed.

Julie exhales loudly and rolls her eyes.

"Why?" she asks with attitude, wincing as she sits on her still sore bottom.

"Why did you go straight to Dr. Curtis, instead of mulling it over and discussing it with us first?" Mike asks, mostly out of curiosity.

"Because you left it up to Shane and I didn't want him to punish me, especially after he belted my cousin for no reason," she replies back to Mike, making sure to avoid looking at me.

Mike looks to me for an explanation of Julie's accusation.

"I gave your cousin three strokes of my belt for a very valid reason, two actually. Her inappropriate language and disrespectful response more than warranted what she received, Julie."

"That's your opinion," she replies snottily.

I'm honestly a little surprised by Julie's combative attitude. I would have expected more repentance after enduring one of Neil's disciplinary sessions.

"Julie, if your tone in any way resembles your cousin's, then it's quite evident why Stacey received correction with Shane's belt," Mike warns.

"Whatever. I'm sorry I defied you, Shane, and, Mike, I'm sorry I lied to you. I promised Dr. Curtis I would apologize, so there. Are you happy? Can I go now?" Julie's clearly annoyed with the direction this conversation is taking.