The initiation part 2

Lisa's pov

At 3:30pm the next day, we head outside with a bunch of kids who are looking to blow off steam after school.

"What do you guys wanna do? " I ask, feigning innocence while starting the script.

Julie says, "Hey! You know what we haven't done in a while that would be fun? Wagon train!"

Stacey replies, "I don't know. Isn't that kinda boring?"

"Not the way we're gonna play it," I state.

Carrie asks, "What do you mean Lisa?"

"We're gonna play it blindfolded."

Stacey says, "Cool."

Stacey and Carrie start off by pulling Julie and I with our blindfolds on through the fields, then we switch places. The plan works flawlessly. Carrie has no idea we left the grounds and are now in the woods. It's only a matter of time before one of the snitches tattles. My bet is on Mindy since I pushed her and stuck my tongue out at her as we ran by. She loves getting people in trouble.

I don't even think five minutes elapsed before we heard, "GIRLS GET OUT HERE NOW!"

It was Mike. He was pissed.

Hearing his no nonsense tone of voice made me instantly regret this plan. I had conveniently forgotten the part where we get punished right along with Carrie or perhaps my brain just blocked it out in an attempt to shield me from the trauma. Either way, it became very real at this moment as we stepped out of the woods and saw Mike glaring at us, arms crossed, nostrils flaring, looking extremely intimidating.

"Conference room now!" he barked.

Mike followed the four of us into the side door and ushered us directly into the conference room. He stood with his back to us, facing the door he just slammed shut.

Mike's pov

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to keep my temper at bay.

"SIT," I barked, before turning around. I needed another minute to calm down. After another drawn out deep breath, I faced the girls. Taking a seat on the edge of the table, slowly swinging my left leg, I said, "I'm not going to yell. I just want an explanation. You have exactly one minute. Someone start talking."

Julie's pov

Mike scared the crap out of me when he was like this. I would much rather hear him yell and vent his frustrations, than wonder when the storm is going to hit after his eerily calm mood passes. I looked at Stacey, Lisa, and Carrie before speaking.

"We were playing blindfold wagon train and we thought it would be more fun on the trails in the woods."

He wasn't saying anything. He was looking down, slowly rubbing his left hand. His silence, both deafening and terrifying.

He finally looked up and spoke, "Are you allowed to go into the woods without permission or supervision?"

The steely reserve in his voice was very unnerving.

I started to say, "We were going to come right..." when he slammed his hand down on the table, stood up and repeated with ice in his veins, "Are you allowed to go into the woods without permission or supervision?"

We were all too scared to answer.

"The only answer I want to hear is, no sir."

We all meekly replied, "No sir."

"You're all going to be punished for your disobedience. The four of you are grounded for two weeks. No phones, computers, tablets, internet, tv, movies, or music. You will leave this building only to go to and from church and school. Lights out will be 6:30pm every night, including weekends. Anyone violating these terms will be taken over my knee. Do I make myself clear?"

We all reply, "Yes sir."

Lisa's pov

That did not go as expected. Time for plan b.