The aftermath

Lisa's pov

"For the love of all that is good and holy, make it stop!" I hear Stacey groan loudly.

In my post drinking fog, it takes me a minute to register what she's referring to.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Someone's knocking on our door. I try to shout come in so I don't have to get out of bed, but my cotton mouth betrays me. Instead, I just moan and bury my head under my comforter.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

"Ughh!" I lift my head as I hear our door open.

It's Mike.

"Get up, we're going to nine o'clock service (church)."

Stacey stupidly replies, "You have got to be joking," her tone laced with hangover induced attitude.

Mike swiftly gets within two inches of her face and replies in an icy tone, "I would tread very lightly if I were you. Go ahead and test me if you think I'm kidding!" He waits to see if Stacey is stupid enough to test him. Thankfully, she isn't. "Care to rephrase your reply to my earlier request, young lady?"

I cringe when I hear an adult call one of us young lady.

"Yes sir," Stacey responds, having sobered up quickly due to Mike's very credible threat.

Note to self: last night's events do not yet fall under the "someday we'll look back on this and laugh" category.

"You have twenty minutes," Mike says, as he walks out of our room, slamming the door behind him.

At church

Dr. Curtis takes Mike and Shane aside as we walk into church. I wonder what that's about.

Neil's pov

Good, they're finally here.

"Michael, Shane, I'd like a word with both of you." I pull them aside, where we can have some privacy. "After church, I want the two of you in my office to discuss what occurred with the girls last night," I say sternly.

Mike and Shane exchange a look.

"You're not the only one with connections at the police force, Admiral Donovan."

After church, in Neil's office:

Mike's pov

"Did the two of you SERIOUSLY think I wouldn't find out about this?" Neil booms.

Oh oh, Neil's pissed.

"That wasn't a rhetorical question, gentlemen. START TALKING!"

It's time for damage control.

"We weren't trying to keep anything from you, Neil. It was late, we figured we could discuss it today."

"So that's why you came to me first thing this morning?" Neil asks, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"We were going..."

Neil cuts me off mid sentence.

"Be careful how you finish that sentence, Michael. Don't you dare lie to me."

Judging by his harsh tone, I know he means business. I don't even consider testing his limits right now.

"I'm sorry, Neil. We should have come to you right away," I say, with sincerity.

"YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULD HAVE!" Neil shouts, pounding his fists on his desk.

It's worse than I thought. Neil is really furious.