2 - The Demon Skull

Asta's body hurt from training day and night.

That was all he did for three days straight - he didn't have time to stop for rest if he wanted to be stronger.

Even when he did eventually fall asleep, it wasn't for that long.

' For me to get my grimoire, I'm gonna have to become even stronger than before. '

Nobody came looking for him even after those days alone. It's better than being at the church, though. Even if he wasn't able to get food from Yuno while he was away, at least he has free will.

Hitting a tree with a large branch, which was the size of half of the tree, he heard it snap. He looked at the tip of it and sighed. It's just getting smaller, he'd have to get another one.
Before he could throw the stick in the opposite direction, something on the ground caught his eye. He took a few steps forward to see what it was, eyes squinted as the sun's light bounced off of the object. It was some sort of rock, sort of transparent, but not enough to where he could see completely through it. It was blue, had a slight purple sparkle and was an odd round shape - one that looked perfectly sculpted. His eyes widened as he realized what it looked similar to.

" Th-This- It reminds me of Yuno's amulet, " He exclaimed out loud. " The one he always wears. " He picked it up and clenched it in his hand.

He really felt like going back to the church now, yet he wondered if anyone truly cared about him. Was he that annoying to them? Was he that much of a burden? He couldn't help the negative thoughts flooding his mind. After all, it was his fault. He just wasn't strong enough for everyone, and therefore, he was hated. A nuisance.
That's why he ignored the pain of the bruises he had that covered his body.
He didn't get them from working out. They were from... From...
Everyone had magic. Every single person in the world had it except for him. Were the gods using him as some sick joke that people could laugh at?
He could feel a darkness creeping forward in the back of his mind.
' Ah... I shouldn't be so envious of others. I have to keep going so I can find a way to get my grimoire. '
The boy started doing push ups, sit ups and then pull ups from a tree branch.
He didn't realize it was night time until the quarter moon's light rested upon his aching body.