It Dawned Upon Him That He Is Unfortunate

Today happened to be the day that people of age - around fifteen - gathered to acquire their grimoires. It was a common thing. Everyone got one, no matter who they were or where they came from.
Yet, the short boy knelt in despair, clenching his fists together instead of having a book in his grasp. The fist's joints appeared white from the strength. It hurt, of course it did, but he didn't know what to do besides sit here on his knees and wait for the laughing, the mocking, to stop.
He felt himself tear up in embarrassment. What a fucking joke his life was.

He was so frustrated. All the time he spent alone by himself, all the training he did to become stronger - it was all for nothing. He tried to work hard to be worth at least something, but not even through hard work was he able to accomplish anything. He was such a goddamn pushover. Why did they even let him work himself to death all of this time? Was it to make fun of him?

That was his first guess. No matter how much he didn't want to believe it, he had a gut feeling that he was right. So right.

He was a failure. He tried so many times to deny it, to say, 'Oh, well, maybe I just need to get stronger physically. Then I can prove myself to them!'

It was all for nothing. They were never expecting results from him. They were never wanting him to get stronger, either. They just wanted to laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

And that's all he could hear. Though, he couldn't pinpoint the exact moment the laughter died down and soon turned into the townsfolk gawking over his childhood friend.
Asta bit his lip and felt the ends of his lips curl into a godawful smile. He was such a disappointment compared to Yuno.

The taller boy didn't seem to care about the glowing golden grimoire that hovered in front of him, grasping it like it was his every day read from the library - he didn't seem to even be phased by it. And Asta wished that was him.
Yuno glanced over at him before he walked over.
" Asta... You shouldn't have expected so much from yourself. "
He knew that Yuno probably meant to console him. He knew that. Yuno is a good person. The only person in his life that was willing to even look his way that wasn't filled with hatred, anger - but it hurt so fucking bad how he'd changed since they were kids, and he couldn't stop the dam from breaking, he couldn't stop how hard he bit his lip, he couldn't stop the tears from leaking out of his eyes - he shot up from the ground and covered his face and made getting out of that place his number one priority.