11 - 𝗦𝗮𝗴𝗲.

[vague recap, missed scenes]

Yuno stood in front of the taller, more built man as he handed them the magic stone.
He wondered if the man was another person Asta was forced to go with. Sister Lily thought the same thing, placing a hand on her cheek as if she were intimidated.
He was sure the boy behind the man was Asta, but he couldn't see from the way they cowered behind the man. Yuno caught a few glances at the boy's expression and they almost looked mortified. Of course he assumed the worst.
Yuno was only surprised when a shimmering white portal opened up next to the bigger man, a guy of average stature and brown, messy yet even hair walked out to greet them.
Asta was immediately thrown into the portal, the two men following, then disappearing as it closed.
Yuno glanced at Sister.
" Oh, I'm sure he'll be fine with them. He seemed to be trustworthy, " She mentioned in a high, kind voice.
' If she knew that I knew, I'm sure she'd say something completely different. '

Because she kept everything from him.

It was night. Yuno walked outside and Nash followed him when they all noticed Asta hadn't came inside yet.
" Asta? " They both called, yet nothing showed any signs of the boy's return. Yuno got worried. Did... Did they do something to him? Again, assuming the worst, they probably have.
One, these two men showed up. The first was absolutely ripped and had zero respect, as per usual when it came to those kind of men. Two, they instantly shoved him into another location using a portal.
'I hope they don't hurt him...'
The pit in Yuno's stomach twisted.

The next day, Yuno decided to train, eat with the kids, Father and Lily at dinner, none of them bringing the situation up.
Yuno's stomach began to feel uneasy.

The next day, Yuno trained again. He ate with the kids, Father and Lily as if it were a usual day once more.
Even though it seemed completely normal, the pit in his stomach grew bigger with every passing moment.

Weeks pass without a sign of Asta around. Nobody's said anything as if they'd agreed to never bring it up.
He couldn't take this. Yuno's head laid against the tree after punching it out of frustration.

' Hey, Yuno... '

' Yes? '

' What if I don't come back after one of those people take me? '

That was a few years back.

' Uhm... I don't know... I'd rather not think about it. '

Nine year old Asta kicked his legs softly back and forth while sitting on the branch of the tree.

' Why not? '

' W-Well, I don't wanna lose you... You're like, my sunshine! '

The sage-eyed one smiled and giggled.

' You're so nice to me, Yuno! Did you know you're the same way to me? '

' Huh? '

' Out of all the people, you're the only one who accepted me for who I am... And only you treat me like I'm normal. I don't want to lose you, either. '

' Oh... I see! '

Hugging, they both ran off back to the church.

No.

His fists clenched harder, his knuckles turning a bright white from the pressure.

No.

His breathing became uneven.

No.

Not even as he felt a soft dizziness in his head did he stop striking the tree, shots of wind flaring up and causing the tree to completely fall over from damage.