The Forbidden Forest

Christmas and New Years passed and the next Quidditch game was upon Hogwarts. Edelweiss learned that Severus would be referee and keeping an eye on Harry and Quirrell, not that anyone else realized that. The game was won by Gryffindor when Harry caught the Snitch in a matter of minutes. Draco hexed Neville Longbottom being the only other dramatic event before Easter arrived. Draco managed to get himself detention when he was caught out of bed by Professor McGonagal, Edelweiss realized that the detention would be held in the Forbidden Forest and decided to follow them, in her animagus form.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are... werewolves!" Draco snapped in fear. Edelweiss watched from the shadows as they split up into teams, she asked Fang to keep an eye on Draco while she went with Harry. However when she saw red sparks from the direction Draco and Neville went she, followed by Harry and Hermione, sprinted in their direction. Upon finding them and learning that it was simply Draco pulling a prank on Neville.

"I think it be best if you two go together, Harry and Malfoy." Hagrid said, Edelweiss walked beside Fang who nuzzled her from time to time, as she knew the forest better. Draco, spotting her, scooped her up in his arms ignoring Harry's stare.

"What? She's mine." He defended his actions, muttering to himself, "Wait till my father hears about this." Edelweiss nipped his ear, reminding him it was his own fault he was there. He whispered to her, "I didn't prank Longbottom, I tripped and grabbed him for balance." Edelweiss scoffed as best she could in her fox form. They finally found the dead unicorn only to find its killer as well. She snapped at Draco and sent Fang and him running, Harry stumbled back and she prepared to leap at the figure to defend him, but was beaten to it by the centaur Firenze.

"Harry Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you." He explained to the 11 year old. "Now climb aboard." He said, Harry looked down at Edelweiss who sat licking her paws at his feet.

"Do you mind if I take her? She's a... classmate's pet." He said, uncertain of what to call Draco. Firenze looked at her and recognized the fox's marking, distinguishing her from a real fox.

"Sure." He said and took Harry back to Hagrid, explaining why the figure had been out drinking unicorn blood. Edelweiss listened closely finally learning what the 3 headed dog was guarding, the Philosopher's Stone. Afterwards the group went back to their dorms and tried to put their experience in the past.