Eira Prince

A young woman lay in her hospital bed, crying out in pain. Her swollen stomach rippling ever so often, the healer beside her told her to push. A new cry echoed through the room and tears came to the woman's eyes that matched her midnight black hair. The healer held the wailing baby cleaning her and wrapping her in a blanket. The child's hair was a beautiful silver-white and her eyes were a black that matched her mother's but with hazel flecks scattered through them.

"Why is her hair silver?" The mother asked lying back against the pillow cradling her daughter to her.

"Most likely the potion used to keep you healthy. It happens from time to time, there's a chance it'll change back and sometimes it'll change from color to color, but it's not something to be worried about dear." The woman sighed, stroking the baby's hair.

"My baby, you'll grow up without me, but I want you to know I'll always love you." She whispered to the child.

"What is her name going to be?" The healer asked and the woman looked up.

"Edelweiss. Edelweiss Prince." The healer smiled.

"Well dear where exactly will I be sending her when... 'it' happens?" The healer winced as she asked the question.

"It's okay to say it, Maria. I've made my peace with it. She'll live with her father. If you can leave the 2 letters for them, I would really appreciate it." The healer, Maria, picked up the two letters and looked at the names.

"Lily and James Potter." She raised an eyebrow. "A couple?"

"I know. We made a mistake, we were drunk and got carried away. I obliviated the night from his mind. Give him the vial in my desk. It has his memories of that night." She said sighing. "Besides by the time they learn it'll be too late, for Lily to get angry at me." Maria sighed and took the baby from the woman's arms.

"I'll go make sure all of her forms are filled out and give her a check up." She began to leave the room, at the last second she looked over her shoulder at the weak woman on the bed. "And Eira, don't call her a mistake." The woman, Eira, smiled.

"Of course, and thank you Maria. For being here." The healer gave her a sad smile.

"It's my job, dear."