Chapter 4.

Quick info: I don’t know a lot about the hospitals in England, so… yeah…

~

To try to balance your three thousand Spanish books down the stairs from the fourth floor to the first maybe don’t seem so hard. Now add texting on your phone at the same time. A little bit harder, right? It didn’t help that Niall always felt a little bit dizzy when he climbed down the stairs nowadays either.

hey, my spanish is over now, you and the others wanna meet up for lunch?

He sent the text to Harry and waited patiently for an answer while carefully making his way down towards his locker. His phone vibrated in his hand and he quickly unlocked the message:

sorry man, we already ate

Bitches. Fucking bitches. Why did they always do this? Was it impossible for them to wait half an hour for his class to end?

Niall finally arrived to his locker and dug in his jeans pocket for the key. Now the only problem was to unlock it while holding his Spanish books and phone.

“Dammit!” He cursed and suddenly a warm, soft hand took the keys out of his grip.

“Let me help you with that.” Liam said and unlocked Niall locker. When he turned to give the key back to Niall he found the blonde boy staring at him.

“What’s up with you?!” Niall shouted, but his voice wasn’t angry, just frustrated and surprised.

“What do you mean?” Liam asked and looked adorably confused.

“Why are you always around when I need help?! Are you stalking me or something?!” To Niall’s annoyance Liam started to chuckle.

“Trust me, I know how weird it is that I’m always helping you, but when you think about it, you actually do need more help than most people.” He pointed out and Niall thought this over for a moment.

“You’re right… But don’t you have better things to do than to be my own personal hero?” Niall asked and Liam shrugged.

“Not really. So, I came to ask you if you wanted to go and get lunch together. If you’re not eating with your friends, that is.” Liam suddenly didn’t look so secure anymore.

“That would be great! Let’s go.”

They found themselves on a small bar & grill not far from the school ten minutes later.

“If it isn’t Liam Payne.” A red haired waiter grinned when he walked up to their table.

“Ed! What’s up mate?” Liam greeted him. Niall glanced at Ed; his red unruly hair, his tattooed arm that peeked out of the white shirt sleeve, his mischievous grin… this guy looked like the exact stereotype that Niall would usually hang out, party and get drunk with. Now, on the other hand, he felt more drawn to Liam’s calm atmosphere.

“I’m good. Haven’t seen you around in a while though, where have you been man?” Ed asked and Liam shrugged.