Chapter 11.

“For the love of everything that is holy in this world… Niall, stop pacing!” Liam demanded from where he sat on the couch, but Niall didn’t stop. They were in Liam’s apartment, waiting for Andy to arrive so that he could drive them to the airport. But he was late. Niall glanced at his watch. Very late.

“I can’t stop pacing because your ‘genius’ plan of a stupid road trip back fired and now I will miss my flight!”

Liam sighed heavily.

“I’m sorry, okay?”

“But why aren’t your friend here?”

“I don’t know!” Liam burst out and licked his lips nervously. Andy was really late. “You know what? You should just sit down and try to take a moment to yourself-“

“That hasn’t worked any of the last ten times we have tried, I just can’t! You can’t teach me and I can’t learn!” Niall glanced at his watch again. “And apparently, your friend can’t make it on time!”

There was a deafening silence, and Niall knew he shouldn’t be mad at Liam. He just kind of was.

“Hey, I’m sorry” he sighed and sat down beside Liam on the couch. “I’m not mad, I’m just anxious about my flight… it seems like I’m going to miss-“

In that moment the door was flung open by Andy and Niall choked on his breath when he recognized the young man. Long, dirty-blonde hair, tall, cocky smile… It was the Andy from the bar. The same Andy that Niall had kissed.

“I am so sorry, I- holy fuck!” Andy shouted when he laid eyes on Niall. Niall, on the other hand, could only stare at Andy with wide eyes, barely believing his bad luck.

“Andy, you’re late” Liam looked from Andy to Niall. “What? Why are you staring at each other like that?”

Niall felt as if he had swallowed a whole bucket of glue, because he really wanted to open his mouth and throw out an explanation, but he was unable to even part his lips.

“Uh… we don’t have time for this, we can take that conversation in the car” Andy said, then he turned around and walked out of the door again. Liam raised his eyebrows in Niall’s direction, but Niall only picked up his suitcase and exited the apartment. He heard Liam locking the door behind them, but didn’t stop and wait for him. He needed to talk to Andy alone for a second.

“Andy!” He jumped into the backseat and closed the door behind him.

“What’s up?” Andy asked and fiddled with his bottom lip. He sounded casual, but didn’t look like it.

“Are we gonna tell him?” Niall asked and looked out the window. Liam was approaching the car. “Andy!”

“I’m thinking, okay?!”

“But hurry up!”

“Alright, we tell him! I told him about you kissing me anyway, no point in lying”

“You told him?!”

“I didn’t know that it was you

“So we tell him?” Niall asked at the same time that Liam opened the door and climbed into the backseat with him.

“Tell me what?” Liam asked and Andy sighed while starting the car.

“Do you remember that I told you about a guy kissing me recently?” Andy asked as caught Liam’s eye through the rear-view mirror.

“Yeah, but why-“

“It was me” Niall said and Liam turned to him with a surprised expression.