Chapter 10.

“… and I just feel so guilty, you know?” Niall said. He was lying on his stomach in his bed and Zayn was sitting cross legged on his floor.

“Let me get this straight; you feel guilty because you kissed a guy who isn’t the guy that you’re not dating?” Zayn made it sound so simple - and so stupid.

“You don’t understand” Niall grunted and rested his head on the pillow.

“Speaking of Liam; didn’t you say he was going to come here today?” Zayn asked Niall.

“Hmmm… yeah, but not until four” Niall said and rolled onto his side.

“Exactly what time do you think it is?” Zayn asked him, his voice a mix of anxiety and amusement.

“Eleven maybe?” Niall said with a lazy shrug.

“It’s half past three”

Niall scooted out of his bed and almost slipped on a T-shirt that had been carelessly thrown on the floor.

“Why don’t you or the other guys ever inform me of stuff like this?!” He asked and ripped his boxer briefs off.

“Dude, get into the fucking bathroom before you take your clothes off!” Zayn yelled and covered his eyes with his right hand.

Niall threw the underwear on Zayn as a kind of revenge for not telling him about the time sooner and jumped into the shower.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

He luckily had time to shower, get dressed and have a quick breakfast before there was a knock on the door. He almost jumped out of his skin in anticipation. But when he opened the door and saw Liam outside, a sudden calmness settled on him.

“Hi” He said and pulled Liam into a hug.

“Did you just shower? You smell good” Liam said and burrowed his face in Niall’s (nowadays pretty thin) hair.

“Yeah, I-” Niall was interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind him. He turned around and saw his three best friends; Zayn and Harry were leaning against the wall and Louis was standing silently and looking embarrassed. Probably because his last meeting with Liam had been rather unpleasant.

“Uh… Everyone, this is Liam. Liam, this is my three…” Niall didn’t know if he should say ‘best friends’ or ‘room mates’.

“My three best mates and room friends” Liam chuckled slightly at his stumble with his words.

“Hello, I’m Harry” Harry said and took a step forward to shake hands with Liam.

“Nice to meet you, Harry” Liam smiled politely.

“I’m Zayn, I’m sure Niall have told you about me” Zayn said with a cocky grin while he shook Liam’s hand.

“I’m afraid he hasn’t” Liam said and Zayn’s face fell. He walked away to probably sulk in the kitchen and make a red, aggressive painting called “Humiliation”, because that was a very Zayn-thing to do.

“And I’ve already met you” Liam said while taking Louis’ hand in his.

“Yes. Hi again” Louis said with a blush.

“Hi Louis. It’s nice to meet you sober” Liam said with a genuine smile. Louis nodded and tightened his grip on Liam’s hand, which Niall guessed meant that he thanked Liam for his forgiveness.

When Niall showed Liam his room he was a little bit nervous, because this small room actually reflected a little bit of him.

“It’s nice” Liam said while looking around the room. “A little bit small, but nice”