9

It was the night of the ball and Soo-young was at her parent's mansion where the party was being held. She was getting her makeup done, while her hair sat in rollers. She heard her older brother call for her from downstairs, she quickly got up and rushed over to him.

"What are you doing here so early?!?", she asked in a serious tone.

"Wow! Not even a hi. Well, I came early because I was bored", he said as he looked around the ballroom. "Great job what you've done here. Better than last year", he said with an impressed look. "Thank you, jimin. Now leave, why don't you go help your friends get ready", she said as she pushed him out the door and shooed him away.

"Ok well I'll try to find you tonight", Jimin yelled as the door was being shut in his face.

Soo-young quickly ran back upstairs to find a bunch of maids, hairdressers, and makeup artists running around with the rest of the girls. "Yah Seulgi stop squirming around and stay still so the makeup artist can finish!", Soo-young said sternly. She was under a little bit of pressure because for the first time in her whole life her parents will be there when she accomplished something. "Soo-young calm down, we know you're under stress but relax, everything will be fine", Joo-Hyun spoke as she patted the younger ones back.

Soo-young took a deep breath and sat down, so the hairdresser could take out the rollers. But for Seulgi, in her mind she was nervous, she had never been to some fancy expensive party and didn't know how to act. Soon Seulgi was done and went to put on her dress and heels; she loved her outfit especially with the mask her mother made for her. It was beautiful even though homemade.

Soon the rest of the girls finished and put on their masks, then quickly went downstairs to greet the guests of the party. They all stood at the doorway as two butlers opened the door to a gigantic crowd of people, who u didn't know who was who, it amazed Seulgi, and she smiled like an idiot. And welcomed each person that walked in. Soon soo young went to the main stage where the band was, and gave a speech.

"Welcome everyone to my third annual masquerade ball, where people mingle without knowing who you are mingling with," She said with a wink, "And now let the party begin!"

Seulgi could see the nervousness in her eyes even though soo young. Soo-young then joined them and they almost started having fun. After a couple of dances with random people, Seulgi got tired and walked to the bar.

"Can I get a glass of bourbon", she ordered. She then noticed a man sat right next to her, he ordered the same thing and then soon noticed the stare of the woman next to him.

"Umm...can I help you?", his voice sounded unhappy to where it was quiet and kinda deep. "N-no I'm sorry for staring" she apologized. "It's quite alright. So are you enjoying the party?"

"Umm, kinda but I haven't really found someone yet", she said as she put a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well would you like you to dance with me", the young boy asked as he looked into her eyes. Seulgi felt like melting and he stared deep into her soul. "Umm yes", she replied as she grabbed his hand and they walked to the dance floor.

They soon fell into each other's arms and gracefully danced to the songs that played. A romantic tango started playing, and both of them got lost in the music and each other's eyes. They moved to the beat and soon everyone was watching them, they felt like it was just the two of them. And they danced with the most intensifying dance moves. Seulgi moved her hips in sync with the man, as his hands traveled from her waist to her hands and then legs.

The song was finally over and both were breathing heavily while looking into each other's eyes. The man had the urge to kiss her ruby red lips, and so he did. The kiss was passionate and both felt as if they've known each other for years. What had broken them out of their trance was the endless roar of people cheering and clapping.

Soo-young rushed over and yanked Seulgi away from the man. But by accident, the tug from Soo-young slipped a bracelet off of Seulgi's wrist and the man picked it up. He tried to give it back to her but she was nowhere to be found, so he kept it as a reminder of her.