29-Saturday Pt.2

11:12am

Frank: pete's going over to your place

Gerard: yes he is

Frank: i might go with him

Gerard: what an interesting idea

Frank: just to eat your food and watch your tv

Gerard: oh yeah? That's all?

Frank: mhmm

Gerard: right

Gerard's POV

I rush down the stairs at the sound of the doorbell. Nearing the entranceway, however, I slow down. Mikey catches my eagerness from the couch and sends me a look.

I take a breath, nervous for some reason.

"Do you wanna get it?" I ask him.

"I think you've got it."

"Right."

I quickly reach my arm out and open the door before I can change my mind. Pete clearly expected Mikey to be at the door, as he usually is.

"H-hey," I greet, not moving to let him pass. He eyes me suspiciously and confused. 

"Hi, Gerard. You good, buddy?" Pete says slowly.

I can't respond. I can barely hear him. I look past him to Frank, who smiles and raises an eyebrows. All that happened last night seems to come rushing back at once. I actually realize and take it all in in that moment.

"Yeah," I say, semi-lost in a trance of sorts. I finally shake myself out of my thoughts and see everyone looking at me like I'm crazy. I quickly move out of the way, letting them in. Frank holds eye contact with me and the corner of his lip twitches.

"Hey," Mikey greets as Pete kisses his cheek and sits next to him, "Hey Frank."

Frank waves, crossing the living room. He and Pete spent so much of their free time here that it was as if they lived here. He looks back to me with a familiar questioning look and I nod. He disappears into the kitchen and soon returns with two bottles of soda, handing me one and taking a sip of his own.

I look at Pete and Mikey who seemed to have taken residence on the couch together. I was hoping they would go up to Mikey's room like they do most days, but they stay seated where they are.

I turn to Frank, awkwardly and quickly saying "I have a switch in my room."

Everyone looks to me, surprise and confusion on their faces.

"Uh, I was just thinking that you two... lovebirds would want to be... alone," I elaborate awkwardly, cringing at myself. Frank stifles a laugh.

He grabs my wrist and shakes his head, smiling. Dragging me away, he mumbles "weirdo."

We run up the stairs and, as we reach the top, Frank stops. My body keeps going, stretching my arm like an elastic band, and I collapse back into him. How does someone so small have so much strength?

He hops up on the tip of his toes and wraps his arm around me, letting go of my wrist. He brings his free hand up and cups my face, using the momentum of my previous swing to connect our lips in a sweet and passionate kiss. It's slightly odd and unsettling, considering he's known for being sexual and a player, but also comforting. My neck curves down a bit; a feeling I would normally loathe to experience. In this situation, however, I don't mind.

My hands find their way to his hair as my fingers comb through the strands, lightly tugging involuntarily. He pulls away and I almost whimper. He looks at me, stunned.

"What?" I ask, scared that I might have messed something up. His lips, still wet, curve into a smile and he kisses me quickly.

"Nothing."

He takes my hand in his again and runs through the hall, pulling me along. We reach a closed door and I think about what is behind it. Pictures and posters everywhere, paint splatters across the otherwise light-grey drywall, laundry probably thrown carelessly on the floor, sheets of paper and journals filled with scribbles of lyrics or art or simply random thoughts.

An enclosed space with just me and Frank.

I gulp and, for the second time today, open a door quickly to avoid overthinking.

"Oh thank god," I mumble quietly to myself, glad that I cleaned my room yesterday. I walk in, flopping down on my small bed. Frank sits down next to me and looks around my room. I fall backwards and shut my eyes. When I open them, I turn sideways and am greeted by a smiling Frank close to my face. His hot breath sends goosebumps through my skin. The hood of his purple sweater bunches up by his face as he looks all over mine.

"So," I whisper, breaking the silence.

"So," He echoes.

"You kissed me."

"Multiple times."

I can't stop the blush crawling up my neck.

"Yeah... That was interesting."

Frank's eyebrows shoot up.

"Fun interesting. Good interesting," I clarify. He just smiles and nods. "Is it gonna... keep happening?"

"Do you want it to?"

I almost scoff. "Yes. Wait, no."

The smile fades from Franks face and is replaced by confusion and sadness.

I sigh, rolling around to face the ceiling. "Yes, of course I want the kissing to continue. It's just... I don't want to be that person, but," I sigh again, looking for the right words. "Like, why? What ar--"

"Gerard," Frank says through giggles. He stands up, pulling me with him. We stand face-to-face. Frank takes both my hands in his and gazes into my eyes. "Gerard I-don't-know-your-middle-name Way, will you go on a date -- a proper date -- with me?"

I squint from smiling so much. "Yes. Yes, yes, yes, I would love to."

Frank bites his lip to hide a grin. "Can I kiss you?"

"Yeah, kiss me."