22-Saturday

Gerard's POV

"He's late," I start to complain. Pete was waiting for Mikey in his car, but I was waiting for his friend.

"I don't even know him! And neither do you," I keep rambling.

Mikey shushes me.

"Pete knows him, and he goes to our school."

"What's his name again?" I say, ignoring Mikey's argument.

"I don't remember. I was... distracted when Pete told me."

"Ew," I say, play hitting him.

Just then, a car comes racing down our street.

"That's him," Pete calls out to us and Mikey pats my back.

"Have fun," He says, walking to his car and sitting next to his boyfriend, probably kissing him.

They back out of the driveway, Mikey waving to me from behind the window.

The car, a black mustang, stops right in front of me. I close my eyes, dreading ever agreeing to this, and walk to the passenger side of the car, my head down. I sit in the car, avoiding making eye contact and shut the door.

"Hey."

I freeze. No.

I slowly turn my head to see him smirking.

Frank.

He's wearing skinny jeans, a faded band shirt and sunglasses.

Thanks Pete.

"H-hi," I manage.

His smirk widens into a full smile as he turns and swings around the cul de sac, driving out onto the main road.

"So, you're Mikey's brother, huh?" Frank ventures after about five solid minutes of uncomfortable silence. Well, it was uncomfortable for me. He just kept staring at me every few seconds. Probably judging me.

"Uh, yeah," I respond, still not making eye contact.

"Cool. Mikey's great. Well, at least Pete thinks he is. Talks about him all the time," he says smiling, "it's kinda annoying actually. Ah, I don't mean it like that. Mikey's great, it's just a lot, ya know?"

I nod my head and do the math to figure out how much longer this car ride will last. My palms are sweaty and I keep rubbing them on my pants, probably looking like a freak.

Another uncomfortable silence falls over us, but Frank doesn't let them last very long.

"Music?" He asks, already reaching for the radio.

"Sure," I answer. He turns on the music and sits back in his seat. I mindlessly tap my foot to the beat and look out the window to the scenery (which is actually really dry). I hear Frank humming the tune beside me. Tonight, Tonight plays softy, reminding me of one of our first texting conversations and I smile.

"Whatcha smiling about?" Frank stops humming to ask me. I turn to see him smiling back at me with a curious expression on his perfect face.

"Uh." I try to think of an excuse, but I can barely focus with him sitting just two feet away from me. "Just thinking about a friend."

He laughs softly and nods.

Some more attempts at conversation from Frank, good music, and more awkward silence later, we arrive at the park. I hear children screaming from atop the coasters and internally shudder, just now realizing I'll have to deal with them. Frank parks the car smoothly and turns it off, ending the song abruptly and all too soon for my liking. He just sits there for a few seconds. I get out first, and he follows soon after. Waiting outside his car, I lean against the door, as he does something in the backseat next to me. Once he finishes, he pulls some things out, shoving them in his pockets.

I notice him chewing something, and he notices me looking at him. He quickly swallows and laughs.

"Oreo?" He offers, holding out a small pack to me. Again, I remember a conversation and smile a little. Oh the irony. He doesn't know it's me.

Realizing I haven't moved or said anything in a couple seconds, I shake myself out of my thoughts and take a cookie, biting eagerly into it.

"Hey!" I hear Mikey yell from across the parking lot. We both turn around to see him waving us over.

"'Sup?" Frank greets as we approach Mikey and Pete.

"Hi," Mikey says, looking surprised. He eyes me and I mouth 'I know'. Pete glaces between us, confused. "Uh, let's go in."

"Yeah, let's," I say quickly, not wanting to suffer through another silence.

~~~

We get off the ride dizzy and laughing. Pete has his arm around Mikey's shoulders, steadying the both of them. Frank whoops.

"That was so rad," he yells. It makes me smile even more. A few kids look at him curiously and parents look at him disapprovingly. I still feel the effects of the many loop-the-loops we went through and move to sit down on a bench. Frank sees me and sits next to me, leaning back and extending his arms across the back of the seat.

He breathes heavily and glistens in the sunlight like a vampire from Twilight (don't ask how I know that). He's wet from sweat. Suddenly he stands up and pulls his shirt off. My eyes instantly go wide and I gasp, looking all over his back. He turns around and I inadvertently whimper a little bit. Thankfully, I don't think he heard me. I pry my eyes away from his torso after seeing what looks like a tattoo.

"Is that a tattoo?" I ask, my head down.

"What? Oh, this? No, it's sharpie. But I'll get it as tattoo soon," he explains, "hopefully." I nod in reply.

"Well," Mikey diverts, "uh, next ride?"

"Yes!" I reply, standing up. Mikey saves the day (and my pride) yet again.

———
I wrote this at the bottom of the page so I wouldn't forget lmao

———I wrote this at the bottom of the page so I wouldn't forget lmao

This is probably the longest chapter in this book lol