7-Saturday

Frank's POV

Today's the day. Lee's coming to watch me play tonight, and that means I might find out who he is.

Earlier today I started to get worried he wouldn't come, considering what happened. I thought he was mad at me. But my worries were wiped away when he texted me saying he was excited for tonight. Everything was fine. It was normal. I am happy.

I'm practically jumping up and down as I unload the instruments from the van. The guys look at me like I'm crazy, which I'm sure I look, considering I'm smiling ear to ear. But I don't care. He's coming to see me play tonight.

Gerard's POV

Today's the day. I'm going to watch Frank play tonight.

I'm nervous. I don't know why, but I am. I rub my palms together and on my shirt, trying to dry the sweat off. Mikey keeps glancing at me, looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Dude, what's wrong?" He asks when we reach a red light and he can turn to look at me properly.

"What? Nothing," I say quickly and brush my black hair out of my face with my still sweating hand. It's getting long and now falls on top of my eyes.

"Right," Mikey says slowly. Then the light changes and his attention turns back to the road.

Frank's POV

People start coming in, gathering near the stage or the bar. I watch from the sides of the stage where no one can see me, trying to recognize anyone I know. There's too many. The guys invited everyone they knew, so there are so many people I know here. And it's dark.

There aren't that many people in here, maybe 80, but it feels crowded in this small room.

"Two minutes," someone, I don't know who, calls out to us.

I take one more glance into the audience, scanning again to see if he's here.

Just as I sigh, I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

I pull it out of my skinny jeans, the same that Lee said my ass looked good in, and smile as soon as I see the text on the screen.

Gerard: hey. When exactly does this thing start? I've been here for like 20 minutes already

I start to type a response, but I'm pulled away.

The show's about to start.

Gerard's POV

I'm looking down at my phone, waiting for the three little dots on the screen to turn into a message as the lights in front of me brighten. I look up to see Frank surrounded by a few other guys that I've seen around school and around him. The corners of my lips curl up into a smile that I can't resist.

Mikey suddenly appears at my side, handing me a glass of water. I take it eagerly, not looking away from the man in front of the microphone.

"Hello, New Jersey! We are Pencey Prep!" He announces through the speakers. I realize there's one right above my head and wince, realizing my ears will probably be bleeding by the end of this. Mikey notices this also and sighs loudly. Everyone cheers.

"Thanks so much for coming out here tonight." I notice he's scanning through the crowd, seemingly trying to find someone. With a quiet gasp I realize it's me he's looking for. I sink into my chair and am suddenly thankful I'm in a dark corner.

"This first song is dedicated to someone I recently met. We don't know each other that well, but, I don't know, there's just something about 'em. Anyway, enjoy!"

A slow guitar solo starts, with Frank vocalizing softly into the microphone. Then a pause, as suddenly all the players join in, into fast paced, rock music. Frank sings loudly, his voice like a passionate angel. I'm wrapped up in the music, and I start to mindlessly hum along once I get the general rhythm.

It was a wonderful evening.