11 - Kincaid

The door is open just a crack when I start to creep towards it. I slip my fingers in the small crack to push it open a little more. Dad is sound asleep on his back in the middle of his bed. One hand is rested above the area he got stabbed. My eyes dart to the pill bottle on the side of his bed. He'll be out of it for a while. I shut the door, quietly. I sneak back downstairs, careful not to be too loud and wake him up. The doctor told him to rest and I don't want to disrupt that. 

        Cool air blows my hair in my face when I step out of the house. I lock the house up before jogging down the small set of stairs to the bike waitng in the driveway for me. Scott's waiting with another helmet in his hand. I grab the helmet and force it on my head. I throw my leg over the motorcycle, my arms loosely wrapped around his waist. He backs out of my driveway. 

        "You're all caught up, right?" He yells back to me.

        I watch the road zoom by over his shoulder. "The Nogistune was actually Stiles the day he swore to us that he was Stiles then he stabbed you when you guys got to the animal clinch, and Deaton, your boss, poisoned the Nogistune. Stiles checked himself in at the Eichen House, Mr. Stilinski is in LA to talk to a specialist about Stiles' brain looking like his mother's, and we have to get a scroll to help kick the Nogistune out of Stiles."

        Scott nods his head. "We're on our way to Allison's. Allison and Lydia have a plan to get the scroll." 

        When we arrived at the apartment building, we ran into Ethan and Aiden in the elevator. I never knew that I would be friends with these people. They are wolves, after all. I've always been told that we don't get along. Yet, as I ride up in this elevator with three teen wolves, I'm beginning to realize that we actually get along really well. I haven't had a problem with any of them. Aiden does get a little annoying at times, but that's because of his personality, not because he's a wolf. 

        "When you said you would help us, did you really mean it?" Scott asks me.

        I look over at him. "Yes."

        "There's going to be risks. None of this is easy." Scott says.

        I raise a brow. "Are you trying to get me to back out?" I step in front of him, staring up at him. "I'm not leaving. I'm going to help you guys with this. Stiles is my friend, too. Okay? I'm in this just as much as all of you are. So, don't try to scare me off. I've been through more crap than you have. I know all about risks." I turn to face the elevator doors. "And, if you try to scare me off again, I'll burn all of your hair off."

        The elevator dings. 

        "Remind me to never get on your bad side." Aiden walks on my left side. 

        I laugh. Scott passes by us to the door that I am assuming is Allison's apartment. He knocks on the door twice. Maybe I shouldn't have threatened Scott, but I felt like it was necessary. The white door opens up by Allison on the other side. She opens the door all the way to let us file in the apartment. 

        "My father said all of the Katashi evidence is being moved to a Federal Lockup by armored car tonight, probably within the next few hours." Allison informs us. We follow her through the apartment until she stands next to Lydia, who is in the doorway of a room. 

        "We're going to rob an armored car?" Aiden gawks at Allison.

        Lydia presses her lips in a line. "Well, we're going to try."

        Scott glances down. "Sure, you're still in this?"

        I lift my right hand in the air, a small fire ball rolling around in my palm. "How do you feel about being bald?"