4 - Trickster

A knock sounds on my door from the other side. Too lazily to lift my head up away from my chemistry homework, I simply yell a 'come in' to my dad. My bedroom door creaks open, my dad the one pushing it open like I knew he would be doing. Dressed in a white shirt and flannel pajama bottoms, Dad walks in my room, bare feet shuffling on my grey rug. He doesn't say anything first, leading me to believe that I have to give him my full, undivided attention.

        I set down the pencil  in my hand. Dad is patiently waiting in the door frame. 

        "I need you to do me a favor." 

        I scrunch my brows together. "Does it involve me getting up?"

        "Yes." 

        "Damn it." I curse under my breath. I planned on tonight being about only working on homework while in my pajamas. I may be part of the supernatural world, but I am still a teenage girl who needs to keep her grades up in school.

        "Language." Dad points his finger in my direction.

        I smirk. "Dang it." I push myself up in a sitting position instead of laying down on my stomach. "What do I have to do? Cook dinner? Because if that's the case, I'm just going to order pizza."

        He shakes his head once. "I already ordered pizza. Do you know what tonight is?"

        "Sunday." I answer. "Which is also the night before your birthday."

        "Which brings me back to my favor." Dad uncrosses his arms. "Tomorrow is known as Mischief Day. Tonight is the beginning of it. Every year some satan group of kids play tricks on me thinking it's hilarious."

        "So?"

        "I need you to sneak in the school and tell me who is planning the tricks on me this year." 

        I burst out in laughter. "You want me to break into the school?"

        Dad shoves his hand in his pocket, pulling out a key. "It's not breaking in if you have a key." He holds up the shiny key. The light reflects off of it.

        My mouth pops open. I knew my dad had a very continuous rebel streak when he was younger and my mom often complained about me being just like dad. Sneaking into Beacon Hills High School seems like a little too much. I should say no to him. Except, I can't turn down an adventure like this. I know I will have no problem whatsoever sneaking in. I won't get caught. I slide off of my bed, my sweatpants falling down to my ankles from being pushed up on my calves. 

        I saunter forward, the gleaming key held between his forefinger and thumb. "Okay." 

        Dad hands the key out to me. "Do this and I'll buy you a car next month."

        My face lights up with joy. "I was just going to do it for the fun of it, but a car does sound nice."

        "My keys are on the kitchen counter." 

        I rub my thumb over the key. "I won't need them." I say with a twinkle in my eye.

        After that exhilirating run to the school, I sneak my way up to one of the back doors of the school. I don't always get to run at my full speed. When I do, I enjoy it. I secure my hood back over my face with my other hand unlocking the school doors. The key works perfectly. I look behind me, checking to make sure no one is around. I slip inside, shutting the door behind me and locking it back up. Personally, I was kind of hoping that I had to sneak in the school somehow and having to use my badass gymnastics skills.