7 - Party

Lights flash around the room, filled with colorful painted teenagers dancing. Music pounds through the speakers set up in the loft. Danny, apparently the host of this party, really went all out for it. I'm pretty sure that's a professional dj up on a stand. However, I can't help but smile at the whole scene. All of this just makes me want to join everyone and dance along with them. 

        The music gets to me a little bit and I sway to the music. Turning my head to the side, I see Stiles and the rest of them move further away. I quit dancing to chase after them, catching part of their conversation.

        "It just showed up there on my key ring this morning" Stiles explains to Scott and Kira as they move through the mass of people. "I asked my dad if he put it there, but he said he didn't know anything about it."

        "It's just a key, right?" Scott shouts over the music. 

        "Yeah, but it's not mine. And, I don't know how it got there or what it's for." Stiles stops moving and Kira stops me from colliding into his back. 

        I drift away from them a little bit. My arms up in the air just letting the music take over. Laughter bubbles out of my mouth. I'm not the greatest dancer, but that doesn't stop me from actually dancing. I spin in a full circle, seeing Stiles' gaze linger on me while he talks some more to Scott. I smile back. 

        "Uh..." Stiles trails off, watching me dance.

        I can't help it. I love to dance. When my mom wasn't working, we would have little dance parties at home. Our neighbors would often complain about the loud music. I dance over to Stiles, laughing a little when Kira does a small dance with me. 

        I hold out a hand to Stiles. "Come dance. You dragged me here, so..."

       Stiles pats Scott on the chest. "It can wait. It can wait."

        I back away, laughing as Stiles follows me through the crowd. This boy brings out something in me that I've never really experienced before. I definitely like whatever it is. I hold out my hand again, wiggling my fingers. I had a boyfriend once when I was thirteen. He was a shapeshifter being trained by my mom for a month. We clearly didn't last long since he left when the training was done. Our dates were always supervised by my mom. We kissed once and it lasted for maybe three seconds. 

        Stiles picks up his pace to catch up with me, pushing through everyone until he stops in the middle of everyone. I smile and break out in the most ridiculous dance moves ever. Stiles throws his head back in laughter. Only a second passes before we are dancing crazily in the middle of the dance floor. The song changes to one even more upbeat. The crowd goes crazy if that was even possible because they were already crazy. I jump around, adrenaline pulsing through my veins. 

        "How 'bout this move?" Stiles shouts over the music and proceeds to the the sprinkler dance.

        I shake my hands. "I can beat that." 

        Stiles holds his arms out for me to prove it.

        The good 'ole running man dance helps me beat Stiles in this odd dance off. He fights back with the shopping cart. My ribcage starts to burn from all of this laughing. I must say, Stiles is that perfect guy to be yourself around and he won't judge you. In fact, he'll join you and be ridiculous in everyway possible. 

        Someone accidentally bumps into me and I trip over my own feet. Stiles catches me, both of his hands on my waist. My gaze is set on his chest before I lift it up to find myself gazing in to his eyes. THis seems like it would be a part of that cliche movie I was referring to. I try to stop myself from looking at his lips, but when I meet his eyes again, I see him looking at mine.