10 - Emotions

Using a more of my supernatural speed than I should be using in public, I burst out of the door of the hospital before Derek or even Scott. I got a head start on them. Everything has changed drastically since I looked down from the roof. The electrical wire is still waving around the place. A water pipe is spewing water all of the place from a car driving in to it. An ambulance drove partially on the grass from steering out of the parking lot. There's a paramedic lying on the ground. Water is flooding the entire parking lot. 

        Kira is standing off to the side, fear sketched out on her face. I race forward, rounding around the ambulance, seeing the entire scene in front of me. Allison is standing by her car, eyes locked on Isaac, who is unconscious on the ground of water. A car door opens and a girl climbs out her car. As soon as her shoe touches the water, electricity runs through her body. A white car drives through the water, the man behind the wheel distracted. He nearly hits Kira until she jumps on the car, walks to the end of it, and flips off of the trunk. 

        "No!" I scream, running closer. The thought of being electrocuted doesn't even cross my mind as I run closer to the water. All I can think of is that Kira is about to land in the water and get electrocuted.

        Kira lands on her feet. The electricity doesn't bother her. In fact, she isn't affected by it at all. 

        I keep running towards her anyways. I don't want my best friend in the middle of water when everyone else is being electrocuted. I'll risk my life for hers. That's what friends do. I've lost one best friend before. I don't need to lose another. Before I am even an inch from the water, one arm snakes around my waist and another goes around my shoulders, yanking me backwards. I fall backwards on a hard chest, while they drag me away from the water. 

        "Hey!" I grab on to the person's arms. The black leather jacket captures my attention and I instantly realize that Derek is the one that pulled me away. He stands by Scott, his hold on me not loosening at all. 

        The wire moves around in the air, slowly moving towards Kira. One of her hands snatches out to grab the wire. With her other hand, she covers the end of the wire that is sending sparks everywhere. I wiggle around in Derek's arm, which only makes his hold tighten. My back is pressed up against his chest. I settle down when I see that Kira is absorbing the power. The lights everywhere flicker before going off. 

        Kira's eyes glow gold when she opens them. She stares at the three of us for a few seconds. She blinks once and her eyes are back to normal. I relax a little in Derek's arms. She controlled it. People rush out of the hospital. Kira drops the wire to the ground, breathing heavily. 

        Derek's arms retract away from me as he races towards Isaac. I stand by Scott, amazed by Kira. She stopped all of this. 

        "Scott! He's not breathing!" Derek yells with two fingers on Isaac's neck.

        I sit at the kitchen counter, scrolling through my text messages from everyone. Dad found out that I snuck out the other night, but when he learned everything that happened at the hospital, he waved it off. He wasn't mad. Honestly, I think he understood me acting like this because Stiles is missing. I sigh escapes my mouth as I stare down at my untouched cereal. After the crazy accident at the hospital, we found out that Stiles went missing again. 

        Dad shuffles in the room, dressed for work and his keys dangling off of his finger. He shoots me a small smile. "Are you doing okay?"

        "Yeah." I lie.