Chapter 8- The Truth

Louis’s POV

I followed the ambo to the hospital driving behind them in my car, next to me was a very impatient Alice and in the back, Liam, Zayn and Harry were very quiet, we all were. Niall had gone to get Amy and tell her what happened, Alice did call her but we did not want her to panic or be alone right now.

We made it to the hospital and headed in. Harry rushed to the emergency desk.

"Can I help you?" asked the woman behind the desk.

"Yeah a girl was rushed in here, trouble breathing," replied Harry.

"You mean the girl with the broken rib and possible punctured lung?" she asked.

"Yeah that’s here," replied Alice.

"She’s been rushed into surgery," she said, "I need one of you to fill in this form, is she allergic to anything?"

"No," replied Alice as she grabbed form and a pen. We sat down, Harry ran his hand through his hair, and I could see he felt guilty.

"She’ll be alright Hazza, she’s strong," Said Alice placing her left hand on his shoulder. I was worried about her. I didn’t know what to do or what to say. I sat by myself in the corner. Harry came over.

"Hey mate, I’m really sorry," I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"It’s not your fault it was an accident," I replied.

"She’ll be ok," he stated, I hope she would be but I just wish I knew what was happening.

Alice handed in the form.

"Ok, you can take you and your friend to the surgical waiting room; it’s on the second floor."

"Lads, second floor," Said Alice with a raised voice. Harry placed his hand on my shoulder and I got up and hurried to the second floor.

We reached the second floor and saw Niall and Amy waiting there for us. Alice ran to her mum, hugged her tight and began to cry. We all sat in silence and waited for some news. Three and a half hours later, a doctor came out.

"You all here for Maya?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied first one at the doctor’s side.

"Ok, sorry about the waiting, we had to rush her into surgery. She has two broken ribs and one punctured her lung so we had to be quick, she was very lucky, the rib only went in with the tip, so it wasn’t a massive puncture, was easily fixed, she did however had blood in her lungs and we had to use pump it out. We did notice however that one of the ribs was already out of place, has she broken ribs before?"

"Yeah when she was thirteen," said Amy.

"Did she see a doctor about it?" he asked.

"I wouldn’t imagine so," replied Amy.

"Well we managed to re-position her ribs and stitch up the lung. We managed to stabilise her. If she wakes up tonight before 9pm, she’ll be allowed to go home tomorrow morning, she’ll be sore but she should be fine, she is resting comfortably and should wake up in an hour or so," he replied with a smile on my face, I was relieved to hear she was going to be ok.

"Can we go see her?" I asked.

"One person can go into the room, I don’t want her to be overwhelmed when she wakes up, because she might lose breathing control, the rest of you can see her tomorrow morning, I suggest the rest of you go home and rest, we’ll take good care of her and the person that stays."

I knew Alice would want to go in, I looked at her, her mother was pushing her to go but I was surprised she looked at me.

"Tell her we love her," she said.