Chapter Twelve

Sorry but it's another short chapter

Chapter Twelve

GABE POV

I sat at my desk staring at the large pie of paperwork that needed to be done by the end of the night, I knew that the pile would hardly be touched as my thoughts kept wandering to a fiery half angel half demon who refused to forgive me for my one huge fuck up. technically I hadn’t cheated on her, we hadn’t gotten back together, I had reached the end of my patience with trying to win her back, then Sandy the succubus offered me a night I couldn’t refuse, so I thought what the hell I’m a man who needs his pleasure, an area I had been neglecting since Kylah had come into my life. So I surrender to Sandy and what do you know? Kylah shows up and witness my moment of weakness. As quickly as she appeared she was gone again. I knew that I would never win her back after that, and I was certain I would never see her again. Fate being the bitch that it is, had others plans. Lucifer found Gemma, convinced me to pretend to be into her, and bam Kylah was back.

I thought at first that her and Devon were a couple and I had to do everything in my power not to kill him. His life was spared though when I found out he had been sent by Lucifer to keep an eye on her. I don’t know what it is about that women, but she drives me crazy, she pushes my buttons every time. I just can’t get enough of her. If only there was a way to win her back.

My door slams open pulling me from my thoughts, Lucifer rushed into the room “Is she here?”

“Who?” I asked confused

“Kylah! Is she here.”

I couldn’t help the snort that slips out “Why on earth would she be here?”

“Because she isn’t anywhere else!” He said throwing his hands up in the air, I watch as he starts to pace back and forth in front of me. His words finally register.

“Wait what do you mean she isn’t anywhere else?”

“She’s missing, I left her to bring Gemma back, she didn’t return, so I went back and searched for her and nothing.”

“Tracking her brought up nothing?”

“That’s what I said!”

“How is that possible?”

Lucifer wipes his hands down his face “I don’t know, it shouldn’t be.”

“Did it show you anything when you tried to track her.”

“It showed me a couple minutes of her and Gemma in the same spot I left them in talking, then everything goes black.”

I frown “Like she passed out? Wait that can’t be right even if she were unconscious you would still be able to track her.”