Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I stood there and watched as my sister straddled Gabe, I felt as old wounds were ripped open. Having seen a women straddle him that night I went to see him. The only difference between now and then was the fact that Gabe and my sister were fully clothed. I know My father said that Gabe was only pretending. But I had my doubts, when we walked into the room and they were making out. It looked like Gabe was enjoying it just as much as Gemma was. Maybe Lucifer thought I would handle things better if I thought Gabe was acting?  When Really Gabe has fallen in love with my sister.

I looked over at my father who was standing beside me, he was looking at me as if waiting for something. “What?” I asked him.

“I said that this is Gemma, your half-sister.”

I looked at the girl who was a few years younger than me, even though she was now with Gabe I couldn’t allow my feelings to get in the way of forming some sort of relationship with her. After all she doesn’t know the history that Gabe and I have. Tucking away the pain I was feeling, I gave my sister a small smile.

“Hi” I said taking a step towards her “It’s nice to meet you”

Gemma climbed off Gabe and walked over to me, she tilted her head to the side frowning “Why is your hair half black, and half white? I was told that all demon children have black hair.”

I looked at Gabe before looking at my father not sure if I should share my parentage with her. After all the less who knew what I was the safer I was. Lucifer shrugged his shoulders at me, leaving the decision to me.

Making my decision, I look at my sister hoping I’m not making a mistake. “My father is a demon, but my mother was an angel. Making me half demon half angel”

“You mean angels are real?” She asked me.

“Well, yeah”

“That is so cool, can you introduce me to one?”

“Er..” I looked around at the two men standing in the room hoping they would help me out. “It’s kind of complicated, but angels don’t like demons. If you ever see an angel, I wouldn’t try to talk to it. I would run”

“Oh” She said her shoulders slumping “But you being half angel they would like you? Maybe you could tell them I am your sister. They wouldn’t care that I am a demon if I am your sister”

“Actually they would want to kill me more than they would you” I said to her “They don’t like half breeds, they usually kill us after we are born.”

“Then why didn’t they kill you?”

“It’s a long story, but they didn’t know I existed until recently”

I watched as she processed this information and waited to see what she would ask next. After a few moments she shrugged her shoulders and looked back at Gabe, who wasn’t looking at her but me. I watched as my half-sister frowned at him before she turned back to me. “So your my sister?”

“That’s what I have been told” I said shrugging my shoulders

“So what powers do you have?” She asked me “I have a thing for fire, but  don’t really know how to control it yet, Gabe has been trying to help me.” She giggled then “But we keep getting distracted if you know what I mean”

I tried my best to school my emotions, not wanting her to see just how much that statement affected me. “I see”

I heard my father sigh beside me, “Maybe Gabe and I should leave you two alone for a while so you can get to know each other?”