[28] Inverted Pt. 1

"Whoa, love

"Whoa, love. Relax. Was it another nightmare?" Alec asked groggily as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. Myrcella hastily put on a shirt and leggings, not wanting to speak to him yet. "Oh shoot! I gotta sneak out before your father sees me." He exclaimed quickly putting on his clothes as Myrcella averted her eyes as fast as she could. "Later Ells." The raven haired boy gave a short peck to her lips and went out the window. 

Myrcella stood there for a moment, trying to wrap her head around the situation when she realized Alec mentioned her father. With that thought, Myrcella opened the door and rushed out to realize she was in their apartment. Her mom and Clary's to be precise. However, she came face to face with Valentine standing by idly as Clary hugged their mom.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Valentine greeted her with a smile and Myrcella could feel her eye twitch at the sight of him. "I was just about to wake you for breakfast." He added as he took a bottle of orange juice from the fridge.

"Myrcella, honey? Are you feeling okay?" She heard her mom ask her with worry in her face and Myrcella locked eyes with her sister who was as shocked as herself.

"Oh, yeah. Couldn't sleep well." Myrcella fought back the surprise as her mom gently touched her shoulder and went to the table. "What kind of a shit show is this?" Myrcella hissed at her sister, making sure their parents couldn't hear them.

"Just play along." Clary shot back, surprised at her sister as she was usually the one feeling out of place and not knowing what to do. Myrcella watched her sister walk towards a couple of painting with a disgruntled look and she too realized they were signed as Jocelyn Morgenstern.

"Girls, in honor of your father's Mad Hatter party tonight." Their mom spoke up to get their attention with a cup raised up.

"Your mom made waffles for you." Valentine added as he put a plate of waffles towards the two siblings. "Come on kids, you gotta eat something, right?" He added after seeing the looks on their faces. They shared a look and faked smiles as they sat down, Clary being quick enough to sit across from their mother so Myrcella was face to face with the guy she hated most on the face of the earth. Clary started to pile her plate with food but Myrcella, not having the stomach to keep anything down at the moment, opted to drink juice.

"So Clarissa, when do I get to meet the man in your life?" He spoke up, crossing his arms.

"Val." Their mother warned him with a pleading look. Myrcella watched the two interact with the utmost confusion and something else she couldn't figure out.

"What? I have to give my stamp of approval, right? You don't see me asking about the guy Myrcella had in her room just now." Valentine replied, innocently shrugging his shoulders, if anything about him could be innocent. 

At that moment, Myrcella could feel the orange juice she was about to swallow shoot through her nose in the most ungraceful way possible. Clary chuckled at her sister and raised an eyebrow, curious but her mom slapped Valentine's arm in a playful but warning manner as she held out a napkin to her. Myrcella could actually feel her cheeks burn up as she wiped her face and cleared her throat. She looked around the table and realized this was what having a family actually looked like. This was what the monster in front of her took away from her. The half warlock couldn't help but narrow her eyes at the man until her sister noticed and jabbed her side with a fork.