[26] Showdown

Myrcella Fairchild met up with Isabelle and Jace right after she got the necessary items from the armory

Myrcella Fairchild met up with Isabelle and Jace right after she got the necessary items from the armory. Her two friends were already ready when she reached them.

"Let's go." Jace said with a curt nod and right as they turned around they found their path to be blocked by Hodge.

"Where do you think you're going?" The older Shadowhunter asked with a grim smile. "It's a very dangerous time, no one is supposed to leave the premises without express orders. Especially you Myrcella." He added the last part looking at the half warlock dead in the eye.

"Hodge, we were just about to-" Isabelle tried to cover for them but he cut her off.

"Lie to me?" He shot back rolling his eyes, having more than enough dealt with the younger Shadowhunters.

"Clary needs us, Hodge. The Clave is looking for her." Jace tried to take a different angle to convince the man to let them go.

"Please Hodge." Myrcella gently put a hand on his arm and gave him a pleading look. Hodge looked at where her hand was for a second and sighed.

"Well, in that case, I'd make a timely exit before anyone of importance notices you're gone." Hodge replied with a smirk and moved out of their way.

"Thank you." Myrcella gave him a weak smile and walked away with Isabelle.

"We won't forget this." Jace expressed his gratitude before joining his two friends.

"Neither will I." Hodge murmured but no one had heard him.

The group had met up with Luke at the back entrance of Hotel DuMort knowing they needed everyone's help if they were to successfully save Meliorn. The door opened and Myrcella saw her sister run down. Before she could hug him, Jace had tackled her sister to a hug and there was a prickling feeling in Myrcella's chest as she watched the two embrace. When they pulled apart, Clary hugged Myrcella as hard as ever.

"Are you okay?" Myrcella asked her sister as she couldn't imagine how Simon was feeling. Clary nodded and pulled back with a smile. Myrcella exchanged glances with Simon as well and tried her best not to give him a pitiful smile.

"So this is your hideout?" Jace asked trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, you think the Clave was gonna look here?" Clary replied with a smug grin.

"Can we please focus on the matter at hand?" Isabelle was having none of the small talk they were trying to have and Myrcella understood her. If she was in her shoes she'd be annoyed as well. "Unless no one here cares that the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn." She said earning a gasp from Clary.

"What?" Clary and Simon exclaimed at the same time, Clary frantically looking around the group, hoping it wasn't true.

"They think Meliorn has more information on Valentine and the attack than he's saying." Jace began explaining the shit show they were living as Myrcella felt her blood boil again, reliving those moments in her head.