[25] Downward Spiral

Myrcella and Isabelle separated ways when she saw Magnus walking around the Institute

Myrcella and Isabelle separated ways when she saw Magnus walking around the Institute. Without saying anything, she walked up to him and hugged him. Magnus knew something wasn't right from earlier, he saw how she had looked at the raven haired Shadowhunter. Instead of saying anything, Magnus just wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back in a calming manner.

"It hurts, Magnus. So much." Myrcella mumbled her head resting against his chest.

"Care to elaborate what happened cupcake?" Magnus asked running his hand through her soft hair. For a minute, nothing came out of Myrcella so Magnus thought she wasn't going to reply but then heard a sigh.

"He's getting married." Myrcella uttered the words and felt her throat tightening up. She didn't want to cry about it but the tears came out involuntarily.

"Have you spoken to him?" Magnus asked as he tried to come up with a plausible reason his advice didn't work.

"No. I overheard his proposal." Myrcella croaked and closed her eyes. She took deep breaths to calm herself down.

"Maybe you should confront him?" The high warlock of Brooklyn suggested but heard a scoff in reply. Instead of replying, she slowly pulled back and rubbed under her eyes for any unwanted tears.

"Thank you." She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He was the only person she'd comfortably cry in front of.

"Myrcella." Someone breathed out and Myrcella turned around to come face to face with Isabelle whose eyes were glistening with tears. "I don't know how to say this. I'm so sorry." She whispered as she pulled the Shadowhunter in for a hug.

"No, I'm sorry that your sister in law's going to be that bitch." Myrcella replied making the girl pull back with a puzzled look. "Oh yeah, I was on my way to speak to Alec when I witnessed his proposal." She explained herself, rolling her eyes. "Please don't look at me like that Izzy. I'll get over it." She said when she saw the pitiful look in her friends eyes. "We have more pressing matters in our hands than my love life, starting with Meliorn and Valentine." The strawberry blonde concluded and put on a strong face.

"I was actually going to ask you to help me with Meliorn." Isabelle stated with a sad smile. Myrcella knew how much her friend cared about Meliorn.

"You don't need to ask. I'll back you up. Where's he now?" Myrcella was glad the subject wasn't about her and Alec. She also wouldn't let anything happen to an innocent Downworlder just because of his nature.

"He's actually going to be interrogated right about now." The dark haired girl replied muttering curses under her breath which were definitely directed to Lydia.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Myrcella said with a determined look and gave a smile to Magnus.

The two Shadowhunters quickly walked to the control room to check the monitors when Myrcella saw Jace and Alec standing before them. Even Jace could sense the tension in the room when Myrcella walked towards the nearest monitor without saying anything.