[5] The Stick

Shaking off the feeling Hodge gave her, Myrcella caught up to her sister and heard Jace explain what a warlock was.

"Half demon, half mundane. Like your sister." He finished pointing a finger to Myrcella whose mouth was open in shock as he told her secret before herself.

Clary looked at her with shock evident in her eyes, so Myrcella showed her sister her shiny emerald eyes and smiled.

"But how? I thought you were a Shadowhunter like us. You have runes-" Clary questioned not quite understanding it but Myrcella cut her off. 

"First of all, thanks Jace." She started sarcastically as Jace huffed. "And I'm a hybrid. Half Shadowhunter, half warlock." She explained shrugging. "Dot was one too, like Magnus." She finished off smiling at the mention of her friend. 

"Dot? So if we can find her she can help us?" Clary questioned and they both nodded in unison. "Maybe she'll tell us who took my memories." She added before walking away. 

Myrcella wanted to tell Magnus took them but she bit her tongue back for the moment knowing he couldn't help them now. He had told her he had fed it to a greater demon and she didn't want her sister getting herself in danger. She was about to join her new friends and sister when the raven haired boy stopped her. 

"I spoke with the Clave, your sister is not allowed to leave the Institute." Alec said making her blood boil.

"Alec! Why are you such a goody two shoes?" Myrcella asked crossing her arms. "Also I don't listen to the Clave and neither does my sister." She added giving him a fake smile. 

She irritated the hell out of Alec but not like Clary irritated him. He just couldn't put a finger on what was different about the older Fairchild that made him want to know her better. He shook off the feeling and crossed his arms as well, mirroring the fiery strawberry blonde. 

"Well be a little grateful, I didn't tell the Clave about you." He replied taking a step towards Myrcella, almost closing the gap between them, making her breath hitch in her throat. 

Her almond eyes gazed over his parted lips for a second before she realized no one was talking and it was Alec in front of her. She cleared her throat and wished that the gorgeous boy wasn't so stiff all the time. 

"Um, uh, and why didn't you tell them, might I ask?" She asked smirking, noticing that he looked down at her chest before getting caught.

The air around them was so thick, you could cut through it with a knife. 

"Because Myrcella, you're hiding something and I'm going to figure out what." He replied trying to be cocky but he failed so Myrcella just laughed in return. 

"We'll see bow boy." She winked and walked away hearing Alec yell that his name wasn't bow boy. 

The highly trained warlock and Shadowhunter decided to track down Dot on her own, to make sure her sister would be safe so she walked out of the Institute to open a portal to Pandemonium cause she had a gut feeling to go there but instead of Dot she came face to face with Magnus. 

"Myrcella?" He exclaimed in surprise.

"I met Clarissa. Clary, Mag." She stated hugging him. 

"I was so worried about you cupcake, with Valentine hunting down warlocks and all." He said breaking his embrace with the strawberry blonde. 

"What? Why?" She asked him with a puzzled look but the high warlock shushed her. 

"I'll explain it later cupcake, now I have to get our people to safety." He replied opening up a portal for his fellow warlocks and Myrcella nodded.