[22] Envoy

The group laid down Simon's body onto a table and Myrcella without waiting for an explanation, punched Raphael in the face

The group laid down Simon's body onto a table and Myrcella without waiting for an explanation, punched Raphael in the face. She knew it was probably Camille's doing but Raphael was the reason they were kidnapped in the first place. The older Fairchild quickly rushed over to her sister and held her tightly. She didn't want to imagine how it felt to lose a best friend. She was glad her best friend was a warlock and a strong one at that. Myrcella didn't listen to anyone talking, instead she ran her fingers through her sister's hair as sobs raked through her body. After what felt like ages she felt Clary calm down. The half warlock didn't know what to say, she wasn't the best at comforting people as she usually opted to bottling up her own emotions. Someone put a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see it was Jace. She was glad he was here as well. Myrcella smiled at the blond Shadowhunter and got up, letting Jace take her place. She knew he would be better at keeping Clary calm than her.

"I should uh, check what's going on at the Institute. See if anyone's suspicious of our absence." Myrcella said quietly and Jace nodded. Raphael got up to say something to her but she simply put out her hand to keep him quiet and left.

When the doors of the Institute opened, Myrcella felt as if she hit a wall upon seeing Valentine in front of her, holding one of Alec's arrows before it hit him in the face. The strawberry blonde quickly took out her seraph blade, swiftly swiped the back of his knees with her blade so he would fall down and digger her heel on his chest. The girl had her blade against his neck in a threatening matter when he put his hands out in surrender and reached for his stele. Before she could react, Valentine transformed into a blonde Shadowhunter.

"Who the hell are you?" Myrcella asked the girl in annoyance. "Are you out of your mind? Walking around as Valentine?!" She added with anger.

"If you'd so kindly get off me, I'll explain." The girl who was under her replied with a grimace, her legs still bleeding. Myrcella withdrew her blade and got up, Alec running over to her in a heartbeat.

"That reaction time was abysmal. Well, besides you." The mysterious woman got up, her face scrunched up in pain. "I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the Clave." She smiled through her pain and Myrcella was shocked. She didn't know they'd be getting an envoy. She shot Alec a questioning look but he shook his head not wanting to explain at the moment.

"You got pretty fast reflexes for an envoy." Myrcella commented sarcastically, earning a glare from the girl.

"And you are?" She asked the half warlock narrowing her eyes but Myrcella just winked and patted her shoulder, walking away without giving an answer. Alec wanted to laugh at the girl's antics but he didn't dare with an envoy next to him. They walked in, Lydia more like limped, which made it hard for Alec to keep a smile off his face. Isabelle and Maryse were on top of the stairs, looking down. Upon seeing the state the envoy was in, Isabelle shot her brother a look but he turned his head towards Myrcella who had a smug grin on her face. "Maryse. The Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this Institute." Lydia greeted them with a smile, shocking everyone in the room.