•xix•

"I guess there's a lot you need to ask me right now." Jisung's mom told him when they got inside. The two of them sat down at the dining table while Minho was making some tea.

"Well, yeah."

"Alright then." She sighed. "Go ahead."

"... Who was the man by the window...Hector?"

"He's an old family friend. But we lost contact with him when he lost his child. That day was the first time I'd seen him in years."

"Why does he call you Mary?"

"When we were younger we used to get in a lot of trouble, and everyone had a code name."

Meanwhile Minho walked in with the tea and poured some in a cup for both mother and son.

"I'll go wait upstairs."

"Actually," Jisung grabbed his wrist. "Could you stay here?"

"Oh, Of course."

So Minho sat down next to Jisung, for support I guess....

"So, did that clear things out?"

"Actually no. Who is Jeon-myuk?"

Mrs.Han was clearly hesitant about telling Jisung everything. She didn't want him to be scared or mad at her for keeping him locked inside for so long now. But when she looked in his eyes, she knew he had the right to know.

"Jeong-myuk... is your uncle."

"Was he part of your little group with hector?"

"Yes, he was the leader in fact. But then he did things and well..."

"What things?" Jisung was getting more uptight with every question he asked, and got more confused with every answer she gave.

"Jeong-myuk became a... murderer."

"Who'd he kill?"

"Jisung..."

"Who'd he kill?" He said now raising his voice. Minho stroked his hand under the table to calm him down.

"He killed a lot of people.... including your father."

This obviously shocked him, but he wasn't done. He knew that wasn't all.

"Who's the man pretending to be my dad then?"

"He's your father's best friend. He and I agreed we should raise you together for you to have a somewhat normal family."

"Why'd my uncle kill my dad?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes!"

It was getting harder for Mrs.Han to talk about this. She'd been living a life pretending none of that actually happened.

"Your uncle was insane, probably still is. He was obsessed with his own face. He killed anyone who looked like him. Your dad was his twin brother."

"And I'm guessing I take after my father so much he wants to kill me too?"

"I thought if you stay inside you're safe, but now he's made another victim in town and now I'm so afraid he's going to find you too." She sniffled.

That's it, that's the truth. Jisung wasn't content with this truth of course. Was he really in danger? Minho and Jisung were frozen in place while Mrs.Han softly sniffled.

She looked at her watch after drying her eyes.

"Oh." She said. "I have to go. I have an appointment." She stood up and politely bid the boys goodbye before leaving.

As soon as his mother left, Jisung broke down. It was too much to take in at once.

He cried because he realised his entire life had always been a lie.

Minho tried his best to comfort Jisung, and succeeded after a while.

He made the younger some food, but Jisung didn't have much of an appetite.

"Minho?" Jisung asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think my uncle is looking for me?"

Minho was surprised by this question, but even more by the serious expression on Jisung's face. He didn't even look scared.

"I'm not sure he knows you exist. But you should definitely watch out."

"Can we go to the garden for a while?"

"Of course."

——
I know this chapter is shit but I'm tired. And possibly dead. But I wanted to upload so here ya go

Lov u