Chapter Fifteen

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this post is a little late but I've been busy with some last minute things, and I was kind of stuck on as to what write. I've decided this is the last chapter before part two, so get ready for something you might have expected, or might not have even thought about.

Who loves Thanksgiving as much as I do? I mean no school, and we get to eat as much as we want on Thursday :). That pumpkin pie was delicious!

I want to know how your Thanksgiving is too, if you celebrate it, so tell me about it!

Lastly, since it's Thanksgiving, I want to give thanks to my family of course, and my friends. I want to thank wattapd for giving me a place where I could read other stories and get other people to read mind too.

But the best thanks would have to go to all of you!!! For all of those whose comments get me through the day, when your funny comments give me a laugh. I want to give thanks to all my readers, and especially my fans. I love you guys more than I love an ice cream sundae plus a frozen yogurt on a hot summers day!!!

Now how about at least 250 votes. Do you think you guys could do that for me? It would really, really, really make my week.

Chapter Fifteen

---------------

Why couldn't I have said yes? For once, why couldn't I be selfless? Why couldn't I be selfish? Why did I have to be me?

But I knew very well why. When you were selfish, you got what you want alright. But everything you had would slip right through your fingers... like the small time that I had and shared with father.

Not really sure where I was headed, I mindlessly strolled along the castle grounds. It was far too dark for anyone to see me expressionlessly trudging through the grass, though I felt like a light house because the moon's reflection shimmered over the white dress.

I aimlessly wandered around until I stumbled into a small building. First, I was puzzled as to where I was, but then the stench that slammed into me immediately gave it away.

Somehow, the horse stable felt emptier than the last time I had been there. One reason was because this time I was alone, and most of the items in the stable were gone, probably because most of the horses were gone too.

Slowly, I passed some of the stalls, glancing in each of them every now and then. I realized I was tired, so I absentmindedly collapsed onto one of the small haystacks littered in the corner, not bothering to worry if the dress would get dirty. Stupid ball,wasn't this where Cinderella's dream would come true?

Maybe five minutes had passed, or thirty, or an hour, when I had seemed to wake. Wait a moment, I fell asleep?

I carefully peeled my eyes open and closed them again. Ugh, why was I so tired. There was a sudden grunt and my eyes flew open and gazed around cautiously. No one was in here but me. Who could it have been.

Another snort sounded, and my eyes were immediately drawn to one of the stalls. Hesitantly, I gently pushed myself off of the ground and stood up. Silently, I advanced towards the stall and peered in. Hastily, I shrinked back.

Celestial was standing in the stall, peering at me cautiously with her deep brown eyes. She seemed to remember who I was because her ears began to point upward and she grunted again in which sounded like a greeting. Her head moved closer to me and I immediately went to pat her head. She was so soft.

I combed her hair and her eyes slowly drooped in relaxation.

“Your a good girl Celestial,” I cooed, then winced. Celestial seemed to sense my tension because her eyes opened and she regarded me with cautiousness. I began to comb her hair again so she wouldn't sense some of my depression.