Chapter Thirty - One

I was gonna post yesterday, but I took too long to type everything. I write everything on paper first, so it takes me a while to get it all typed up.

I've got to take a test on Monday, and another on Tuesday. School has really taken a toll on me, and let's just say I'm not a big fan of it. I would have posted faster, but I've been busy signing up for classes next year and everything.

Please check out my other story Irresistible, and enjoy this chapter. I hope to post soon.

I can't believe Cloaked Beauty is actually almost over...

Chapter Thirty One - Celeste

-----------------------------

“What in the world!” the queen yelled.

I immediately backed up and got off the table. Out of the side of my eyes, I spotted a couple of knights rushing over. One of them tried to grab me, but I quickly ducked down and slid away.

“Whoa! Don't touch me, I did nothing wrong!”

“Nothing wrong,” the queen spat. “You tried to attack me!”

“No,” I objected, “I didn't your majesty! I was trying to save you.”

“By jumping across the table?”

“Yes,” I answered slightly out of breath, ducking yet again as another knight came at me. Why wasn't anyone stopping them? “Your food, it had poison in it. I was trying to stop you from eating it.”

“Oh really? You actually expect me to believe that.”

“Yes,” I gasped. “Believe me. I promise I'm not lying.” The queen shook her head.

“Who in this room actually believes this girl?”

“I do, mother.”

Derek stepped forward coming to my defense. “I believe her. She's telling the truth.” I paused. There he was again, helping me, even after all I've done to him.

The moment I stopped was long enough for one of the knights to grab both my arms and pull them behind my back. A strangled cry left me throat, but I bit it back.

“I believe her. Celeste would never do such a thing. She also doesn't lie,” Francesca added, smiling at me. If she only knew.

“And so do I,” Drake said, his eyes determined. “To make such an assumption of her is dishonorable. The last person anyone should suspect of such would be Celeste.”

The queen sputtered for words as everyone stared at her. Was she really going to contradict her son and her daughter in law to be?

“You can't tell apart lies from the truth, you're only children.”

“But I'm not.”

About everyone's expressions stilled, then turned to shock as they stared at who had spoken. I was quite surprised myself, as I stared open mouthed at the king.

“Darling, give the young girl a rest, she didn't mean to cause any harm. So maybe it looked like she was trying to assault you, but to be honest, you have to admit, it was quite funny.”